1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

cuts - WTF?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by magnus, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Purrsecutioner

Purrsecutioner Full Access Member

Doesnt surprise me at all that Haynes didnt make it. Every year there are cute little stories about how this guy or that guy looks good and might stick. BUt really, there was no room for Haynes. Shelton looked better in the preseason games, whether he did in practice or not.

I am, however, disappointed Bush didnt stick, because I think he can play pretty well in this league.

Salley? Fuck that. He would be an absolute liability in pass coverage.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    give or take on Hangartner/Montgomery. same difference, though. Yeah, butler, King, Shelton. I would expect Moorehead instead of Lewis, but I'm afraid you're right about Ciurciu being active. Honestly, I'm also guessing Seidman out, but while I'd rather it be for Seward I'm guessing it'll be for McCadam.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

That's who I had too, except Moorehead instead of Lewis.

4. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

my only disappointment was Hill not making it. otherwise, i was happy with all the decisions. if we aren't looking to pick somebody up, who would you guess takes hill's place doing punt returns? smitty and gamble i suppose make the most sense. guess i'd rather see williams given a try.

why is it that seward would be inactive? i'd think with Morgan's history, seward would be our first choice at backup MLB and can contribute well on ST. but i don't know the numbers game.

anyone else concerned that Morgan and Diggs may not be ready next weekend?

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Other backups do more on special teams, and Draft will be active in case Morgan gets hurt during a game. Obviously if Morgan is hurt before a game, he'll be inactive and Seward will be active.

6. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Yep. I Have Pictures of Fox already has a solidified spot on KO coverage, among other ST assignments. He would have the edge over Seward in that department. I would love to have Adam active next week, but that seems unlikely at this point.

7. Sleehrat Nation

Sleehrat Nation Full Access Member

Thank God the season starts soon. Too much debate over who the 3rd stringers are going to be. A lot of talk for guys who will spend a good portion of the year on inactive list. I'd rather talk about guys like Kemo, Pep, Morgan, TDavis, Foster.

8. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

http://216.7.172.5/forum/showthread.php?t=114689&highlight=Thomas+Davis

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I don't believe that Morgan/Diggs will be a problem for next week.

Seward inactive sucks - it'd be him or Anderson. And honestly, of the two, I'd rather have Anderson, but obviously since I don't believe Ciurciu should be rostered at all, I wish we had our top 6 active. Seward practicing and playing as the backup MLB makes sense. Have Draft focus on SLB and helping teach Davis.

Gamble was slated to return punts anyway. Hill might not have gotten half the punts. So now I guess we just use Gamble there fulltime. The thing is, I thought Marshall could. Both kicks and punts. And not a thing about that in camp. At all.

10. rake

rake Need one of these

I wasn't disappointed or surprised that Hill didn't make it. He was probably more likely to turn it over (especially in his first few regular season games) than rip off a nice return. He obviously made our staff nervous enough to justify his departure. Seward will be active soon enough. Four words for you . . . Dan Morgan's Fragile Vagina. I bet Marshall gets work as RS soon enough too. Even if Gamble just gets his bell rung look for Marshall to get the call.
    As for Ciurciu, he's a core guy apparently and like Hankton he will be a permanent fixture I guess. :thud: