1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CUSA is sending at least 6 to the NCAA tourney...

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HardHarry, Mar 7, 2004.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I apologize it was Reznor that posted the ACC vs CUSA thing... I got that mixed up and that's my fault... once again I'm sorry for that, but I do feel that any Basketball fan has the right to post here... the primary reason for the Niners only forum was because we inherited an entire forum worth of them from another site... dumping them in Hoops would turn the Hoops forum here into an ALL Niner forum, but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to discuss some of the information here in hoops... NCAA Conference bids affects the ACC, CUSA, A-10, SEC... hell you get the point.

2. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Now that was all you needed to say the first time. Like I said, I don't care if they post here, but I don't see a need to keep the whiner forum if that is the case. Not sure why we made a special forum for them based on what happened at another site if that is truly the issue. I don't go the whiner forum and post about the ACC day and night. But on the other hand they do come to this forum and 75% of the time it's an ACC vs. CUSA deal, so I like to talk smack about that. If we did combine both forums that would be great, at least then I wouldn't have to click on another forum when I want to piss a few people off, I can do it all right here. :banana:

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Well of course it is. Just like the opinion that 6 if not 7 teams from the ACC will make the tourney. You need to make up your mind what in the fuck you are arguing for.

4. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

As stated earlier and as Brain as commented on, 49ers fans DID NOT request a forum. Take your issue up with LarryD.

5. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

no I don't, I'm just playing by this boards rules since you've lost the ability to infer without injecting some kind of ridiculous propaganda. I've been crystal clear in what I've stated AND I've clarified its basis for the slow minded.

6. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

I really don't give a shit WHY either forum was created, but as long as they are seperate, there will be division amongst the hoops fans.

7. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

We have rules now?

When did that happen?

8. HighPoint49er

Bull shit, there's division in your (ACC) own posts without anyone with ties to Charlotte. There are plenty that DGARA about the program you pull for and that's not a ACC-CUSA issue either.

9. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

But you don't mind using it and this one for whiner topics?

10. HighPoint49er

I don't think you see me whining very often fever. Renzor was the one that began the issue of ACC vs. CUSA in the thread. A comment such as his and yours further perpetuates the us vs. them mentality.

I know you don't care as to why my hatred of the Tar Heels is so deep. But also to your credit fever, I think you are open minded to see my point here. Back in 1977, I was the chief statistician for the 49ers (as a freshman). A Final Four visit was a dream come true. That was the 2nd time I had been able to watch a game as a fan all season. I was in the Omni cheering as hard as I could and in the section next to me, the so-called wine & cheese crowd (yes, even back then) of Carolina faithful literally sat there with arms crossed, most of them never even applauding for a sister institution. Who did cheer loudly all game long... Governor Jim Hunt and UNC President William Friday. When the game came down to the final seconds, the UNCC cheerleaders urged everyone to stand up and cheer. The UNC section sat on their asses, and that's how I felt about it then and 27 year later. It was not until the Tar Heels cheerleaders also came out during that final timeout and stood along side and in between our cheerleaders did those people stand up.

There is a double standard there, and I admit not all Tar Heels fans are that way. I know those there at that game with their suits on reacted though. However, as you will say, some of Charlotte's fans are like that, you won't find many. You say you'd cheer for other ACC teams in the NCAAs but there were people from Charlotte in high postions who would not stand up at that moment in Atlanta.

I'll get off the saop box now.