1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CUSA is sending at least 6 to the NCAA tourney...

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HardHarry, Mar 7, 2004.

1. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

I keep asking, how do you control RPIs in your league playing those teams? Using your definition of crap as being 100+ RPI here goes for C-USA teams:

12 wins: Alabama Birmingham, 8 (ECU 2x, South Florida 2x); Charlotte, 7 (ECU 2x); Cincinnati, 6; DePaul, 6; Memphis, 7 (TCU 2x)
    9 wins: Louisville, 5; Saint Louis, 6
    8 wins; Marquette, 4
    7 wins: Texas Christian, 5
    6 wins: Southern Mississippi, 4 (Houston 2x)
    5 wins: East Carolina, 4 (USF 2x)
    4 wins: Tulane, 3
    3 wins: Houston, 3 (USF 2x)
    1 win: South Florida, 1

None of those compare in number to the ones that I've mentioned from other conferences.

St. Josephs: 10 conference wins over 101+ (why not "add" 2 for Temple's #98 for good measure for a dozen?)
    Gonzaga: all 14 conference wins over 101+, #2 team is 105
    Stanford: 12 conference wins over 101+
    Southern Illinois: 8 conference wins over 101+
    Utah State: 16 conference wins over 101+

By the way vp, I've got 1500 tampons boxed up in the warehouse ready for you and another 1000 in the Hickory office if your flow is heavy. :D

2. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I think what vp is saying is that no matter how much you compare it to other teams, he still thinks Charlotte got fat on bad teams. When you start comparing their wins to other teams' wins, it just says they got fat on bad teams, too. Still doesn't change the fact (in his view) that Charlotte got fat on bad teams.

3. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Al of those numbers from CUSA back up what sockittome was saying. That CUSA is a have/have not league and most any team going to the tourney would have gotten 12 wins in it. Y'all seem to take that as an attack on teh 49ers. Of course, y'all take everything as an attack on the 49ers.....

4. HighPoint49er

As shown above, there are teams that got far fatter than the top half of Conference USA.
    vp, watch and see what happens in a 2 division ACC over the next few years, the same thing will happen, if you look at past seasons in C-USA there have always been 3 or 4-way ties somewhere as long as the schedule was unbalanced each season. And if you look closely at the records, UAB got the benefit this season with their "mirror teams" being weak. That's not saying the Blazers are a sorry team but they were an easy 5-1 when Cincinnati was playing Charlotte, Louisville and Marquette twice to go 3-3, Charlotte was 4-2. When someone from the ACC gets let out, possibly due to not playing a Duke or UNC twice (and the NCAA selection committee does look that closely between 2 teams) the screams will be loud. John Calipari moaned for months at being 12-4 (3rd) and not getting a bid and ending up in the NIT.

Oh, when it comes from the UNC Chapel Hill bunch, yes it usually is an attack. :rofl:

5. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Fine. But they still got fat.

6. HighPoint49er

Plump, not fat. Fat is reserved for Gonzaga and St. Joseph's.

7. vpkozel

Far fatter? 1 extra win is far fatter? Please.

And when that happens, I won't be sitting here saying it's not happening. You should try it......

8. HighPoint49er

One extra win? What the hell kind of math do they teach in Chapel Hill? I posted: Gonzaga, all 14 conference wins over 101+; St. Josephs, 10 conference wins over 101+ and Charlotte 7 conference wins over 101+.

Please correct my math if I'm wrong, 7+1=8. I don't see that digit in the above numbers.

9. vpkozel

Jesus Christ. I am not talking about them. I am takling CUSA. Based on the numbers you posted, UNCC had one fewer win against shit teams than did UAB.

Let me see if I can be more clear on this. ST JOE'S AND STANFORD HAVE DICK TO DO WITH THIS CONVERSATION.

Lather, rinse, and fucking repeat until you can comprehend that.

10. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

hp got owned