1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Cooper is in trouble

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Panthrs, Sep 16, 2003.

1. guerrilla

guerrilla Full Access Member

Looks like him and Morgan might be growing their hair for a long long time...

2. LitterBox999

LitterBox999 Enjoy your winter.Scumbag

Not in my opinion. I think that teams will wait and see if we cut him.

There's also a good possibility that there will be something handed down from the league.

3. Boo

Boo Cornholio

good thing he didn't have any products containing ephedra...he would have been in real trouble then.

4. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

We won't be getting Deke:

Jaguars | Cooper Signed - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 16 Sep 2003 06:49:34 -0700

Joe Flanagan, of BTI Sports, has confirmed to KFFL the Jacksonville Jaguars have signed free agent S Deke Cooper (Panthers). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

5. batgrafix

batgrafix hannle yo biddness

Carolina Panther Jarrod Cooper has been arrested and charged with driving drunk and drug possession.

Cooper was booked into the Mecklenburg County Jail just before 1:30 a.m. after being arrested at Cassamia Place. He is also charged with speeding and driving with a revoked license.

He was released around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday on a $5,600 bond.

Records show this is Cooper’s second DWI arrest in one-and-a-half-years. At the time of his first arrest, Cooper's license was revoked. He told 6NEWS that Tuesday’s arrest is different from the first. He says this time he didn’t do anything wrong.
    But police tell a different story. Officers say he was speeding down Providence Road and that he was drunk.

Police say he also had possession of prescription drugs that he had no prescription for. Cooper says he was taking the painkiller Vicodin for broken ribs. He says he did not have a prescription but that a doctor had given him the pills.

Cooper has been with the Panthers since 2001. He led the Panthers with 20 Special Teams tackles as a rookie. 6NEWS asked Cooper what he had to say to fans that have been rallying behind the specials team.

He responded, “I’m gone. You know I’m gone.”

6. LitterBox999

Let's not hang him until all the facts come out. Maybe he didn't do anything wrong.

7. TOTALPACKAGE

TOTALPACKAGE VOODOO MEMBER

("He told 6NEWS that Tuesday’s arrest is different from the first. He says this time he didn’t do anything wrong.
    But police tell a different story. Officers say he was speeding down Providence Road and that he was drunk.

Police say he also had possession of prescription drugs that he had no prescription for. Cooper says he was taking the painkiller Vicodin for broken ribs. He says he did not have a prescription but that a doctor had given him the pills.")

Sounds like to me that he has a case. They should not cut him until he has been proven guilty of a crime.

Speeding, so what?
    Drunk, prove it, (no breathalyzer)
    Drugs, gotta hear from the doctor who "gave it to him"

8. batgrafix

batgrafix hannle yo biddness

I'm with you man... Speeding isn't that bad of an offense at all, Vicadin, I can handle that - even if he IS addicted. Alcohol? No proof - But Driving with a revoked license...

9. LitterBox999

If driving with a revoked license is his biggest offense than there is no way we should cut him.

10. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

Everyone (except a few) has to remember that he is innocent until proven guilty. Besides, the thing about the Vicodin (sp.) is meaningless. How many of you have gone to the doctor and gotten a sample pack of a drug (prescription or non)? Raise your hands. Uh huh. I thought so. That scenario may be Coop's case.
    Now, there is no excuse for him to be driving around on a revoked license, but unfortunately a lot of people do it and don't get caught.

He's still a big dummy for going out and driving drunk if he was drunk. But, let's wait and see first before we condemn him.