1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Cool entrance...

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by smashmouth5, Jun 6, 2003.

1. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Went to the Braves/Rangers game yesterday, and saw what has to be one of the coolest entrances in baseball...John Smoltz coming in from the pen. When the Braves went up 8-4 we thought that they may go with somebdy else in the 9th. You knew there had to be a pitching change because they had pinch-hit in the 8th. When the door opened the entire crowd was on it's feet waiting to see who it was. The first chords of AC/DC's Thuderstruck hit and out walked Smoltz. The entire place went insane. Every board had Smoltz's name flashing up on it with lighting strikes going off around it. Smoltz has become the man big time in Atlanta. People where looking for anything with his name on it. Everything was sold out. Pretty impressive display to see.

Would of hated to have been another pitcher, and came into that game rather than Smoltz.

2. Big Russ

Big Russ Full Access Member

cooler than Rocker's?

3. two-six

two-six yes, i carved this

smoltzie da man

4. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

5. Xcaliber

Xcaliber Just Another Guy

Sounds like he copied Trevor Hoffman. Hoffman would enter the game from the bullpen to AC/DC's Hells Bells. This was back when the Padres were good and I think actually made it to the World Series. The sellout crowd would go crazy waving their white towels as Hoffman basically walked from the bullpen to the mound.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

You beat me to the point. Hoffmans is by far the coolest entrance I have seen by a relief pitcher. The Gong sound rocks