1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Concerns and fix the problems

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by woo789, Aug 18, 2009.

1. woo789

woo789 Junior Member

1. Run stuffing starting DT (most likely will have to trade with a team converting from 4-3 to 3-4)

2. Back up QB (cut McCown (1.7m, need that money for our DT and give Moore more reps and pick up a decent QB on waivers later and address this position next year)

3. OL Depth (look to add experienced depth with other teams final cutdowns)

4. WR Depth ( have our eyes on the final cutdowns if our young WR core do not step up)

To Pay for any upgrades: Cut QB McCown, DE Brayton, OLB Johnson .

2. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

I don't know about cutting Brayton just yet.

3. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Odd since the guy they've been most closely linked comes from a team not converting.

Johnson reduced his salary and I think his signing bonus would mean cutting him would cost on the cap not save.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    i wouldn't cut any of those. Anderson is a free $1.5 cut, fwiw, and is
    FA after the year. He's playing well...leman makes 1/5 of that. The others I like. I don't think it's panic time on Jake but getting less experienced at backup is a bad idea.

we have enough WR depth imo. Robinson is a good WR who may not make the roster. Goodson has the hands and speed.

OL gets push, Geisinger has experience. Bernadeau looks good. Only disappointment was expecting more of Schwartz' feet but he would have to get through two guys to play. can we use some change? maybe, and we can look. but I think we'll be okay there.

obviously, we need an impact DT.

one word of caution-it's hard to eval too much when so much looked bad. If it was a bad night I'm not going to knock too much all at once.

5. rake

rake Need one of these

what's the over/under for the panthers being on the recieving end of ESPNs top 10 plays this year?

they already have 2

I'd say 15