1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

College World Series

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by sockittome16, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

you are no better than those you now call out. you wait until UNC loses to come in here and talk your shit. my guess is you were just laying in wait until they did lose to get a dig in any way you could. had UNC won we would'nt have heard a fucking thing from your stupid fucking mouth. fuck you asshole!

2. TruthTeller

TruthTeller Junior Member

I'm still waiting. :)

3. Low & Away

Low & Away The CASTLEman

IMO...

Fox overcoached. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

Bard was on fire and Fox doused the flames with his untimely mound visit.

It is asking a lot to make your starting catcher play first base, especially in the NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. The timing, the way the ball comes off the bat, the footwork, and the way a first basemen receives the ball requires a player to take many reps at first to become reliable. Federovich simply hadn't had the reps, and wasn't ready at what would become the defining moment of the game.

Federovich's skills were needed badly behind the plate last night.

There is no doubt in my mind after watching the play live and on sportscenter/espnnews at least a half dozen times that Flack would have caught Steed's throw in the 8th. :twocents:

4. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Except thaqt Bard threw at least three belt high bullets that the ump decided were balls - so Fox had no negative effect on Bard. That walk to Rowe should have been out three.

But I do agree moving everybody around was a mistake in hindsight but what lost the game was too many men LOB. The players had numerous opportunities to win it at the plate.

And you have to give Fox the big cajones award for that call to steal home. Johnson lays off that pitch and the Heels just might have won it on that run.

Tough loss but the whole team minus Miller, Bard and Hoivs is back. They'll be good again next year

5. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

UNC will be scary good with Jared Bard, Putkonen, and Woodard (the anchor of the staff) as the starting rotation. They could get away with having all their pitchers having ERA's above 4.00 cause the lineup will only be better next year for Carolina.

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Also, Tyler Trice has been waiting his turn, as has Mike Franchinei (sp) and Adam Warren will have a year under his belt.

...and they have some heavy hitters coming in as freshmen. Some of them are going to push the veterans.

7. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I do give that to him. But he might have - I don't know - wanted to let the hitter know what was up so that he KNEW to lay off the pitch.

Anyway - congrats Heels on a hell of a season.

8. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

Anybody know anything about Carolina's incoming freshman? I know of only 2 position players - Ackley and Seager. Two outstanding left-handed sticks. It will be interesting to see if either can crack the line up with all the returners. I've also heard that Bard's little bro is pretty nasty as well. I'm sure he'll get plenty of innings. What others do you know of?

9. Braves

There were 2 strikes...can't tell him to lay off.

10. Braves

Big Bryant Gaines, rph from Charlotte Christian and another great bat in Drew Poulk