1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

College World Series

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by sockittome16, Jun 15, 2006.

1. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

Starts tomorrow...are both games from the top part of the bracket?

2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

good opening win for the Heels, beating CWS veterans Cal State Fullerton 7-5 in 13 innings. some observations from the game.....i'm not crazy about home plate umpires who set up on the inside edge of the plate and this guy tonite was even off the plate completely some of the time. UNC can hit with the best of them and that, along with their pitching, is what propels them. but tonite's win was pure guts and will, stopping the CSF rally in extra innings. catching that runner on third was huge. Cavasinni, Fronk, Flack and Co. have moxy above and beyond their youth and it paid off in this game. CSF seemed a bit cicky and that may be their style but coolness under fire can be equally as effective.

Clemson lies ahead. LETS GO BLUE!

3. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

wow

what a game. I just finished watching it off the DVR. I fell asleep earlier while it was still recording. When I played it back and saw it keep going and going I was afraid maybe my recording stopped before the game was over.

that 11th inning jam the Heels got out of was something. FEDEX had some rough plays but the team persevered. Hard to believe all that offense early then 7 scoreless innings alot against the bullpens.

Bring on CLEMSON!

4. wossa

The most impressive thing to me was the Heels starting lineup - not including Miller - One junior, two frosh and six sophs, ALL North Carolina kids. And playing like senior veterans out there.:229031_ha

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wossa, I have witnessed this all year. This is a special UNC team in that they are completely confident. They don't panic, they don't point fingers, they don't quit.

The most impressive thing that I saw last night is what Coach Fox did after the 11th inning. After FEDEX had his brutal inning, instead of Fox chastizing him or giving him a look as if to say "Boy, you almost blew it for us"....he put his arm around him and gave him a big old smile as if to say, "ain't this a great game? Don't worry about it, you'll get a key hit to help win it for us"....and dang if he didn't!

6. wossa

yeah I noticed that too Braves. He obviously does something right to keep this bunch so loose. It was amazing to see Cal St keep getting the lead off man on and somehow the Heels kept them from scoring. I thought that phantom ball four for that first walk in the 11th was going to be the bad break that did them in but they just plowed right past it.

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yep...to say that UNC tried to make the game interesting is an understatement...but they were not the one's who "blinked".

You know, speaking of Fox, he is nothing like he was last year or years past. He has loosened up a lot...and it shows in his players attitude and their performance. It just goes to show that you are never to old to learn....even for you Wossa...:D

8. Village Idiot

CSF involved in their second straight pressure cooker and this time they come out on top, beating GT 7-5 in an elimination game. the Titans scored 3 runs off Jacket closer Weiter by rallying with 2 outs and 2 strikes and nobody on base in the top of the 9th inning. asingle, a double, an intentional walk and the a quirkly infield single that bounced off home plate and then got by the diving SS allowing 2 runs to score. a bloop single to left scored the final run and GT seemed stunned by the unlikely turn of events. the ACC is down to three teams left as the Yellow Jackets are eliminated. great game.

9. Village Idiot

UNC gets a complete game shut out from Robert Woodard who was absolutely spectacular in a 2-0 win over Clemson. The Tigers, seeded #1 and the odds on favorite to win the CWS and have come from behind many times already this post season. The Heels scored 2 in the third and clung to the cerebral one in Woodard to hold the Tigers at bay. Carolina moves on!

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. wossa

what a performance by Woodard. Big time pitching by a big time pitcher in a big time game.

I bet there will be one proud parent posting on here later :trophy:

this is one awesome baseball team