1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Chudzinski thread

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by magnus, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

[​IMG]

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I'll avoid the hyperbole I apparently created and just say I would not fire Rivera for Chudzinski. I like what both have done and you don't fire one guy just because you're worried about another.

But since it was brought up, I do wonder how JDR will do as a DC if he takes that route instead of sitting a year. I have to think he'll get another job, but midseason fires don't have a great record of immediately being back in demand.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

I'm pretty sure that hiring John Fox and drafting Julius Peppers had a little something to do with the Panthers' drastic improvement on defense that season, especially since they stayed in the top 10 three out of the next four years and were even better in '05 than '02. JDR is a solid defensive coach, but he's nothing exceptional, and yes fans do remember him because they liked him jumping up and down and showing PASSION! on the sidelines.

4. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Lot of people are ready to unload on Rivera, because of lack of passshuns.

Educated fans would say his defensive prowess should be more evident in the 2011 results. Educated fans would also understand personnel has been a major issue on that side.

After 9 years of Fox swaggin' up and down the sidelines with those fucking watches, it's an adjustment. But I don't think we've lost any games because of lack of passion. I do think the home New Orleans game, before halftime--the field goal/time out debacle--underscored a first year head coach's proclivity to mismanage games at times.

I like Rivera. Maybe it's because I had a chance to talk with him at camp every day for 3 weeks, and when I asked him a question, he was very clear in his response. Good football mind, good leader, just not going to prance around a make a scene for the cameras.

5. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

And, yea, let's perhaps slow down on the Chud-hype. I love the guy to the point where he could bang my mother if he chose. But, he's going to get another gig eventually. The trick is to not repeat what happened after 1999, when we replaced Gil Haskell (pimp) with that fucking albino ginger Musgrave.

I could see Chud and Shula bolt. I could also see (sshhhhhhhhh....) Rivera lobbying for Spags for DC. I don't get the sense that he's happy with McDermott, although the last month has been solid on that side.

Scott Turner: come on down, you're the next contestant on "DON'T FUCK OUR SHIT UP!!!"

At least Scott didn't end up in thumbtack factory explosion like his old man.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

it's interesting how that is, that Rivera brings it all together, including hiring this guy, but apparently gets no credit. People worry about teh passhun but made fun of Chud in his preseason videos and pictures.

Ron Rivera hired this guy. It's his team, and the offense is part of his team.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

people keep saying Scott Turner. Do people even realize he's not a position coach yet? Certainly, he does some OK stuff up there and he's gotten credit for the design of a couple plays, but he's not actually in charge of a single player.

I'm not going to worry about jobs being vacant unless they are.

8. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Rivera is not without faults, including his homosexual shoes he wore at camp.

But, yea, if you're not prancing around the sidelines, chomping nicorette with a $40,000 clock on your forearm, you're just not going to get the credit.

And he's probably cool with it.

9. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Well, I'm just saying that he would be a logical in-house fit. Fuck position coaching. He's a diet coke and popcorn booth guy, who would need to know the proper rhythm of calling the same playbook that Chud (probably) designed.

Or, Norv will come over.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

I'm ready to unload Rivera because of penalties and just having no confidence in his ability to lead a team. Not that I want him fired, I just don't feel nearly as good about him now as I did when he was hired. And if it came to a choice between him or Chudzinski (which it doesn't) then there's really no doubt who I would prefer. Then again, maybe Chud would be awful as a head coach since that would affect his ability to call plays.