1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Chud gone

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PaulPaladin, Jan 10, 2013.

1. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Jesus Christ, Its like talking to the fucking wall.

Im gonna say one last thing and im done with this.

You realise those completion precentages do not include Cam converting 3rd downs running the ball? He has done so an additional 24 times.

Cam has a pass completion percentage of over 60% on both 1st and 2nd and long.

Cams pass completion percentage dips significantly on 3rd and long (its above 60% on 3rd and 6 or less) but that has nothing to do with A) Chuds propensity to go deep with long developing routes and B) Our shitty pass protection on obvious pass plays.

I was trying to clear up the low QBR rating you quoted because he threw 3 picks in a 3rd and 11+ situation. You do realise that bad things tend to happen in those situations when you force it? I dont see how thats doing a 180. Its not like the other QB's didnt have a bunch of TD's on third and less than 6.

Chud had a pretty gung ho personna in 3rd down situations, all or nothing.

You are correct, in the redzone his completion percentage sucks. Ive never denied that. Thats why it baffles me how many times we tried to pass it for a TD inside the 5 yard line.

And his 3rd and long is not very endearing either. But I think Chud has more to do with that than you're willing to admit.

You dont find something amiss when you continually quote cams low pass completion percentage on 3rd down and yet we ranked 6th overall in 3rd down completions percentage.

2. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Carolina ranked 6th in 3rd down conversion percentage, while not attributed mainly because of Cam's throwing accuracy as that has been discussed enough, one of the main reasons were because of Cam running ability with the ball on 3rd down compared to most QB's. So that is something you have to factor into the discussion.

Example compare Cam to Brady( NE was first in 3rd down conversion % )

Cam
    ATT - 39
    YDS - 263
    AVG - 6.7
    TDS - 3

Brady
    ATT - 8
    YDS - 14
    AVG - 1.8
    TDS - 1

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

You're the wall. I've provided numerous statistics proving you wrong, and just like always, none of it even phases you. All these facts and figures I'm presenting seemingly make no impact. You don't recognize their significance or comprehend their meaning, you just repeat the same thing you've been saying all along like some parrot-man.

It's frustrating that you keep "bringing up" something we've already discussed a couple of different times. Yes, Cam is a good runner. I also already made the point that few of those first down conversions were long scrambles. Most of them came on 3rd & short, which is a position you get in at least partially through effective play-calling.

It has to do with teams knowing that Cam is going to pass in that situation, plus him being badly inaccurate.

Because you want the interceptions to be ignored when that hurts his 3rd & long quarterback rating, but you want the touchdowns to count when that helps his overall 3rd down rating.

I showed you an abundance of statistics proving my point. I get it; you're trying to cling to something you said because you don't want to acknowledge that what you posted was ludicrous. Your reaction to that is understandable, but the right thing to do in the future is either to admit that what you said was wrong or at least stop arguing it.

4. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Thank you. Whats so hard to understand about that.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

Cam converted 35.06% of his third downs when not running. So yeah, the Panthers needed to be incredibly effective at converting them on the ground to reach an overall conversion percentage of 43.1%.

Lol, you honestly don't get that those numbers show how wrong you were.

6. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

So, to interject since I don’t see an OC thread:

Continuity was a big concern, or that was the general perception prior to Rivera being retained. That was mostly centered on the offense/Qb. Now that Chud is gone Shula's name is raised a lot. I remember something somewhere alledging Cam and Shula not working well together, or a similarly negative comment. Anyone else remember seeing that?

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Purrsecutioner said he had heard from someone who works there that they were hoping Cam and Shula would bond the way Newton did with that one coach at Auburn (I forget the name). I don't really buy the notion that they'll hire/fire coaches based on developing a personal relationship that might influence his willingness to sign long-term.

8. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I wasn't thinking any farther ahead than this year.

But thanks yes I think you're right that I'm thinking of what purrs said.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I still don't think that would be a problem. Shula would still be here, would still have experiene with Cam, and the new QBs coach could be tailored to Cam.

Which could still be Hue, since he's coached QBs, WRs, and a shitload of other positions (*varies on what you consider a shitload. If you're debating what a shitload is, you're already off the path). Since Hue's being stashed as an "assistant DBs coach and asst ST coach", he's being paid to do random shit while the Bengals wait out the Gruden and Zampese deals. So getting him as a position coach might not be impossible.

But he's also potentially the best OC we could get, and definitely the most interesting guy if shit goes bad.