1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Chud gone

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PaulPaladin, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

He had nine rushing first downs on 3rd & 6+. That's all. Please stop causing me to waste my time having to educate you because you're set on being ignorantly argumentative.

[​IMG] You seriously never noticed that there isn't one competent blocking tight end on the roster?

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    yeah. Roster control, hiring the GM, it's a lot of power for a guy who hasn't been a head coach.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

Pretty insane, really.

4. NewFaceOfFailure

NewFaceOfFailure SLOOTS!!!

They are banking on chud being kelly 2.0 lol

5. goodoleboy

goodoleboy Full Access Member

Being in the loop is a lot different from "hiring the GM". I have been part of the interview team many times when the company I worked for was hiring my new boss.

The real question is what is the management structure. Who supervises who. Who has final say on the 53 man roster, GM, coach or owner. I don't have a clear picture of that for the Panthers let alone the Browns.

6. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

Eh, I don't think a HC having personnel control is the worst idea. Especially if he's not running the offense.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    they've already said that Chud would have final say. Banner in the end has more power than either but I don't see him reporting to a GM he can overrule.

I don't know. For his sake, I somewhat hope it's not the case.

8. Ted Striker

Ted Striker ... over Macho Grande

How ass backwards is that? Id like to help pick my boss too. Typical Browns.

9. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

You might want to look around the league for a frame of reference before you start calling other people ignorant. I get you want to belittle everything Cam does but the fact is he had 24 rushing first downs on 3rd down alone. That is the best in the entire NFL (RB's included) by a good 6 first downs. And before you insinuate he had all the short rushes bare in mind Tolbert converted on 9 of 14 attempts himself. If you dont think those numbers are significant you're crazy.

Oh great, so we had two runners Tolbert (87.5%) and Cam (66.7%) who had extremely high conversion rates down at the 3 yard line but you want to justify going 3 wide there so that Cam can throw short passes (when you've already acknowledged that is an area of the game he struggles with) because we have Ben Hartsock on the roster (Its not like we cant put an extra OL out there).

And were not even mentioning 28 or 34 either.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  10. Collin

Collin soap and water

Your premise that Cam Newton made Rob Chudzinski look good on 3rd downs was ignorant. I proved statistically that Cam Newton was the most inaccurate quarterback in the division on 3rd down and one of the most inaccurate in the league, all while Carolina actually faced fewer 3rd downs with 6 or more yards to go than anyone else in the division. So Chudzinski's play-calling put the offense in that situation less than other teams.

I'm pretty sure I have repeatedly acknowledged that Newton is a far better runner than he is a passer. But he's playing quarterback, and this team needs him to get better as a passer.

Newsflash: When the Panthers go 3 wide around the goal line, they usually still run the ball. Only Josh Freeman had fewer pass attempts inside the ten yard line than Newton in the division.