1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Chud gone

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PaulPaladin, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

[​IMG] Chudzinski is the one who made Cam look good, not the other way around. The Panthers had surprisingly few pass attempts on 3rd & 6 or more. Carolina had 86 (Cam - 45.3%, 65.9 qbr), New Orleans had 97 (Brees - 54.6%, 93.4 qbr), Tampa Bay had 107 (57.9%, 75.5 qbr), and Atlanta had 95 (Ryan - 67.4%, 84.6 qbr). Carolina also had the fewest pass attempts in the division on 3rd & less than six, with only Tampa Bay even being close. Please follow the games a little more closely so I don't always have to dig up statistics correcting you.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    he's said he's open to that.

But, a beat writer around the Browns have said that Chud might have GM-like power over the roster, which if so, could be a really shitty idea.

3. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

You are so intellectually dishonest its unreal.

You've watched enough damn games over 2 years to notice how many first downs have come from Cam doing his thing and not from Chuds amazing playcalling.

And you also know since you obviously have looked at the stats that his 65.9 qbr is heavily scewed by his TD to INT ratio on 3rd and 11+. Another reference to the shitty playcalling that put is in those positions. He actually has a 90.4 rating on 3rd and 8-10 and a 97.6 on 3rd and 3-7. Both ratings are better than Brees, Ryan and Freeman BTW.

Its also neat that two teams you reference finished 2nd and 4th in 3rd down efficiency.

:N1OopsHL:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  4. Ted Striker

Ted Striker ... over Macho Grande

I wish him the best but Cleveland is where promising coaching careers go to die.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

See, this is what annoys me. I proved you wrong. I always prove you wrong, but it never even causes you to slow down. You're a more articulate version of Thelt.

Nine, which brings his grand total of first downs on 3rd & 6+ to 34, which is the same number as Freeman.

Please try to use whatever miniscule brain-power you have to consider what it says that Carolina had the fewest instances of 3rd & 6+ in the division. Again, Cam faced fewer of those than Ryan, Brees, or Freeman.

Solely because of touchdowns on 3rd downs near the goal line, which is what makes it so comical that you harped on how "qbr is heavily scewed by his TD to INT ratio." Cam's completion percentage on 3rd & 8-10 was 39.5%. That's awful. His completion percentage on 3rd & 3-7 was a little better at 55.6%, but still well below average for an NFL quarterback. And remember what I showed earlier about Cam being by far the most inaccurate quarterback in the entire NFL inside the red zone.

If you knew more about football you would already realize that Rob Chudzinski made Cam Newton look a lot better than he actually is. So much of this offense was designed to fit his strengths and minimized his weaknesses, to the point that you might watch Cleveland next year and be amazed at how different that looks from what he did here. Cam is most comfortable out of the shotgun, so Chud put him there. Cam isn't able to read defenses, so Chud created a simplified scheme where he goes from his primary read to a checkdown. Cam is a better runner than a passer at this point in his career, so Chud gave him opportunities to succeed there instead of forcing him to make accurate timing throws. That's why I'm genuinely scared about Chud moving on, not because there aren't other competent OCs, but because Rob went so far out of his way to help Newton. I don't know if the next OC will have the desire or ability to do that.

Right now Cam is inaccurate, can't read coverages, and has terrible footwork. Trying to pin that on Chudzinski is retarded.

6. Ted Striker

Ted Striker ... over Macho Grande

But questioning the current qb coach might not be...

7. The Special One

The Special One BALL HARD UNIVERSITY

Well said.

8. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

He had 1 running TD in those categories.

Cam had 22 runs on 3rd and less than 6 for 89 yds, a 4.0 avg and 3 TD's
    Cam had 17 runs on 3rd and greater than 6 for 174, a 10.2 avg for 0 TD's

Which was my point. I realise you want to make it solely about Cams passing accuracy, but its not, Its about converting 3rd downs.

And who makes the decision to go 3 wide from the 2 yard line with the backfield and monster QB we have?

9. NewFaceOfFailure

NewFaceOfFailure SLOOTS!!!

Oh my god! I hope now cam goes to another team and becomes a fucking legend just so you pussy ass motherfuckers can eat shit. Most you panther fans dont deserve good players because all you do is throw bullshit at them. Never mind the FACT that newton has brought more media attention to this shithole franchise then ever...but yea collin is right..he should be lynched

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

In chud's pressed there was talk about chud being in the loop on the gm search along with haslam and banner.