1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Charlotte football revisited... one more time

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by HighPoint49er, Feb 29, 2004.

1. charlotte49er2

charlotte49er2 Full Access Member

I am 100% sure that if we had div 1 football today we would be in the big east conference in two years

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

D1-AA football and D1 basketball....................football will come soon or later

enjoy the bball, softball, baseball for the time being!

Go Charlotte 49ers!!!

3. charlotte49er2

charlotte49er2 Full Access Member

We don't want to play d1a so what would our conferences choices be besides the big east if we could get invited(slim chance now that they just expanded), cusa wants teams for all sports and their bball is weak and that should remain the top prioity, I don't see the acc inviting us for a long time, same with the sec, so what choice would we have for div 1 football and strong bball?

4. AppState

AppState Mountaineers

Davidson is a Div I basketball school, and plays non-scholarship I-AA football, INFORMALLY referred to as I-AAA, in the Pioneer League.

5. HighPoint49er

HighPoint49er Full Access Member

I-AA in football.

6. imking4aday

imking4aday Senior Member

Well, then I say we start up a football association, kind of like alumni association. i would give my money to that, instead of sending it to the school. $500, per year, per alumni still alive. the more money you give give priority when it comes to seat selection.

i also think the stadium need not be too big, maybe 30-40K seats at the very most, with a plan to expand seating if needed. it'll prob take $150 mil to build, but just sell the naming rights immediately to wachovia, or IBM, and bam, the stadium is paid for.

7. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Rentschler Field in East Hartford, CT (home of the UConn Huskies) seats 40,000 people and it only cost $40 million. This would be a good blueprint for a future 49ers home field :thumbup: :thumbup: !!!!

Now, where on/near campus could we put a stadium like this at :confused: ? Perhaps over by VERIZON WIRELESS AMPHITHEATRE :confused: ?

[​IMG]

RENTSCHLER FIELD Website