1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Charlotte 49er Football

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by VA49er, Sep 25, 2010.

1. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Cause no other school or no other school they liked offered? I'm guessing this is the way most programs are started. Besides, it's not like we'll be offering the cream of the crop.

2. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

It'll be basically D II or worse talent. If they want to play college football, they'd probably be paying their own way anyplace else.

3. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

What's the latest conference talk? I thought I heard Big South maybe?

4. VA49er

Up in the air. I think maybe CAA, Big South, etc. Looks like our desire to move up to FBS may be hindering certain FCS conferences from accepting us with open arms. We want to go somewhere football only because we don't want to go any lower than A10 for bball. I think all the CAA fans hate us already. lol.

5. hititfar

hititfar Full Access Member

Renderings look awesome but they need to address the parking issues. There are no spots now with just baseball, softball, track and rugby. The Renderings do not show many parking spots. The campus will be gridlock on a Saturday football game with only a few thousand fans.

6. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Also, lights need to be installed at the beginning . . . . Even with Noon time starts, some days you are going to need them on overcast days . . . . Im sure there is a wealthy 49er alumnae/friend of the school who can write the check for them ($800k)

7. VA49er

As far as I know there will be no lights to start with. All the wiring will be in place but no lights. We have a fairly young alumni base so the wealth will eventually come. I'm sure there are some high level donors now but not what we need to really build the sports program.

8. VA49er

New Coach

Well, for better or worse.

Brad Lambert

Not sure how I feel about the hire, yet.

9. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

Certainly not a sexy pick, but I like Jim Grobe and if this guy has been paying attention to him he should be ok. I'd much rather have a guy like this than Mike Minter or Chuck Amato.

10. VA49er

Didn't Wake have a really crappy defense last year and now the Niners hire the defensive coordinater responsible for that crappy defense? Not sold on this pick, but time will tell. I don't think Minter was ever really considered and from what I've read, neither was Amato.