1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone give a rundown of Bruton on Primetime??

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Brain, Feb 26, 2002.

1. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I missed it and I was wondering if someone could hit the high spots

2. HPCatFan

HPCatFan Senior Member

I caught the wrap up and basically they said Bruton Smith is going to try to buy the Magic and move them to Charlotte. Bruton said he'll need the support of the fans to make it happen. He also repeated what he had said earlier, something to the effect that somebody was asking him about the current Hornets ownership, they told him the names, and Bruton said "Ray who?". He repeated that to much laughter from the Packman. Packman asked him if he could sit across from Shinnridge at an owners meeting, and he basically said WTF, I don't have to sit across from them. They ended it with saying the Charlotte Magic has a nice ring to it. Hmm....

3. sdawg

sdawg Guest

Just think about it though...

McGrady, Hill and..... DUNCAN?? Could it be???

:eek:

4. wolverine

wolverine Guest

If so, will they pay the $$$$$$ to keep the good 1"s

5. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

Bruton Smith? He wants nothing but the best. He does everything first class. He will and can pay his players.

6. wolverine

wolverine Guest

Thats why I lost intrest with the Hornets. They Kept noone, paid nothing. And went absolutely no where. If you want to win in this league and keep the fan base you have to have a good product.

7. FreddyP

FreddyP Guest

The interview was full of fluff and no stuff. Bruton said nothing that was new or that we haven't heard from other sources already.

The only new comment I heard from Bruton was that "I am not interested in the Hornets in anyway at the present time."

Otherwise it was a good effort to increase listeners for the afternoon. Notice they ran a replay of the interview just after 6:00pm when GerryV was getting started on 'that' other station.