1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Camp Notes for Aug 10th, 7 pm (long)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Purrsecutioner, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Purrsecutioner

Purrsecutioner Full Access Member

no prob, and thanks for the thanks.

2. FAN01

FAN01 Full Access Member

That is the best training camp report I've even seen. You should go to every practice.

I'm so glad D. Williams is doing well. He is quickly becoming my favorite player just from the interviews I've heard with him. I freakin love his attitude and personality.

Does anyone put together a better D-line than Fox and Hurney? Ever?

I'm also a big Seward fan. There is just something about him. He seems solid all around and played like a beast in college, even though it was a small school. From an article I read on charlotte.com he's been around football since he was in the womb. Dad was a coach for a long time and his mom says the Dad would have probably been in the pros if he hadn't taken a stable job for his family.

I like Salley too. He seems to be our type of safety. Smart and hard-hitting. I'd read too the he was pretty much the leader of the defense at Ohio State. I also read where he said the pro game was not much faster than Ohio state. One of the coaches responded with that's because he hasn't practiced against Smitty yet. Classic.

3. Paladin

Paladin Full Access Member

The roster lists Basanez as 14 and LeFors as 3.

Dude, though, excellent stuff!!! You've just given the equivalent of crack to all these TBR heads! :ylsuper:

You the pusher man!:woohoo:

4. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Wow, this thread is a treat. Thanks to all.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Let's see it on the field first, and let's see Jenx come to play. But point taken.

I so rarely jump on the "hustle white kid" bandwagon. It almost made me outright hate Brad Hoover, who's a decent guy. At times I considered exit strategies and alternate backstories/identities for the assassination of Randy Fasani, but knew he would never be accurate on the run and knew he couldn't help but run. It was a tense time, honestly. You never know, the guy could've learned how to stay in the pocket and then we stop hearing about "how Elway had a 0.0 QB rating his first game, too."

But Seward, just to build his mang0ld!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111one hype, has shown me a lot in limited time. I'm honestly somewhat surprised we drafted a linebacker this year, I thought AS had potential to start.

6. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

On paper maybe, but we've never had a completely dominant D-Line.

7. Purrsecutioner

Thanks to all for the positive response...good to know it didnt go for nothing. At first when I posted it, it took hours to get any kind of real response, I was thinking damn, what the fucking hell?

Its funny thats what the roster list reads, because Basenez is 3, and LeFors is 14.

And Mags- I still think Seward could start. He wasnt all that hyped coming in, and I think whats got us all loving on the kid is last year's camp, and what hes done on the field. He makes plays, pure and simple.

8. Purrsecutioner

Think our 02 line was pretty damn dominant. Ever since Trgo left though, its been downhill since. What really bothered me though, is that in 03, they were invisible in the Superbowl, pretty much.

9. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

Trgo is our defensive coordinator :D

10. Purrsecutioner

GOddammit, I meant leaving the DL, you mot---wait wait----ahhhh, you were being sarcastic, werent you?

(so was I. I got the joke).:woot: