1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Camp Notes for Aug 10th, 7 pm (long)

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Purrsecutioner, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Purrsecutioner

Purrsecutioner Full Access Member

lofl!!!!!! Man, B&B, youre the type-o police, bro. BUt its fucking hilarious, so....

2. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Yeah, but I don't think it's been too much of a limitation for him. I'd probably be more concerned about that if he was a corner. If nothing else, he has the potential to be a special-teams beast, and possibly as Hankton's replacement if we decide to keep Efrem Hill.

3. Purrsecutioner

Purrsecutioner Full Access Member

Bingo. Who the fuck replaces Hankton? Because Hankton just CANNOT play receiver.

4. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Well, we have four DT's locked in, and we won't carry more than nine DL. So it's a numbers game. Peppers, Rucker, and Wallace are in, so you have two spots left. When you get to this point, one of things you have to consider is a player's usefulness on special teams. Moorehead has done some good things on defense, when he has been given the opportunity, but hasn't been a good enough all-around DT, and he's competing against guys who could be more of an asset on special teams.

I make plenty of type-o's (typo's), btw.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  5. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

Pat Y. thinks the same thing.

August 10, 2006
    Training camp observations
    News, notes and observations from camp:

The Panthers should find a way to keep six wide receivers or unload veteran special teams player Karl Hankton, who gives them nothing as a receiver. Efrem Hill continues to make plays in training camp and he’s going to get a long look as the punt returner in preseason games. If Hill shows anything as a return man, he should get a roster spot and the punt return job because Steve Smith and Chris Gamble don’t need to be exposed to injury more than they already are.

Speaking of Smith, you won’t see him in Saturday’s preseason opener. Smith’s hamstring is pretty close to 100 percent, but the team isn’t going to take any chances when he hasn’t practiced in two weeks. Don’t be surprised if Smith returns to practice early next week.

Much has been said about the depth at defensive tackle, but linebacker isn’t far behind. Some decent linebackers (maybe Sean Tufts and Vinny Ciurciu) won’t make the roster.

Fans got pretty excited as reserve quarterback Stefan LeFors broke off a couple of long runs during Thursday night’s practice. LeFors has some mobility, but coordinator Dan Henning doesn’t want his quarterbacks to try to be Michael Vick.

If you’re wondering why you haven’t heard much on rookie tackle Rashad Butler, it’s because he’s a major project. Butler has some athletic ability, but he needs to bulk up and his rookie season will be sort of a red-shirt year.

Don’t look for any major moves, but the Panthers have $4.1 million in salary cap space and could look for a little depth at a few positions (safety, defensive end and offensive tackle?) when teams start making cuts.

Posted by pyasinskas on August 10, 2006 at 08:45 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    maybe he's just a quard low

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

responsibility and interchangeability are two different things.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

yep. And McC is the flashy guy. That's all good. If one makes it or the other, I don't think it'll impact this team incredibly much, but it's possible that either will be around long enough to be a starter by year 4.

yeah. Just get in the hole. That was a big problem with Tshimanga and it is with Foster, too; it's why AJ was so good. You don't have to be incredibly talented to play RB, Williams is; but if he wasn't, and he was still hitting the hole, he'd still be the right back.

yeah, I don't want it to be too obvious. But, barring that, it should still be a fine combination. He's a good guy. He just acts like a receiver.

no big, just wondering which spot. THey had him inside, and outside, depending on which one was talking, in the offseason. Hell, I didn't even know he was playing this weekend, so that's a great boost. Worried he was going to be lame all preseason and get cut.

great to hear on Anderson. You know, though, ever since watching the first few practices with Sam coaching, is that all 3 LBs seemed to move in unison in game style practices. It was uncanny.
    \This is exactly what we needed out of this pick for the future.

9. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

good stuff in this thread guys. thanks.

10. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

GREAT thread! Thank you all, and especially Purr! Y'all rock!

Man, it's good to hear that Seward is back in business and playing lights out. Collin, I agree with your comment about him being injury prone, but you can still count me in the Seward fan club. He impressed the heck out of me last year against NE, and it sounds like he's gotten a lot better in his mental game. A disciplined linebacker? What a concept!