1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Cam Newton

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Abusive, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Dbag21

Dbag21 Full Access Member

I guess one out of two isn't bad

2. Laceration

Laceration Full Access Member

I call smoke screen because I think the only way this team can get better right away is to trade down and pick up extra draft picks. Hopefully one in the second round. This draft is full of good talent at positions we need -- guys with size that can play in the middle.

Since Cam Newton is the only guy that anyone would think of considering at number one overall the Panthers have let on that they are interested in him if they don't get a swap done. The fact that he will not see the field in 2011 and has a history of poor judgment off the field make me say that the Panthers will not draft him. If anyone thinks otherwise they don't know the Panthers organization and they are just blowing smoke themselves.

What will really be cool is the look on Fox's face when the Panthers yank Dareus out from under them. Hell, that might be the poker play to get on the clock and then call Denver to tell them they are taking Dareus. Then Denver has to give up a later pick in order to get him. If not some other team might still be wanting Cam. If so he can be had and the Panthers will take Dareus because he is huge, has incredible burst, is a need, has great character, will start right away.....

JR draft Newton? Please.

3. Jack-1

Jack-1 Junior Member

This is the same organization that traded up to select a 1-AA quarterback, so they could make him a punt returner, even though he had never returned a punt in his life. I have no idea what they're planning on doing. I'm as worried about them screwing up rounds 3-5 as what they're doing #1 overall.

4. Laceration

Laceration Full Access Member

Where they screwed up with Edwards is light-years away from the number one overall pick in the 2011 draft. Not even a close comparison.

5. PanMan

PanMan Junior Member

There are a few questions that have me hoping they go after someone other than Newton.

1) Does Otah come back the same as before his surgery? IMO he was sorely missed last season.

2) Do they let Davis walk after two ACL surgeries in one season. Is past the injury bug or is this a Morgan revisit.

3) Can a DT be found in the 3rd who can improve the bottom dwelling run defense?

4) Do they have a Rec corp who can make an impact even with an upgrade at QB, be it drafting Newton, a vastly improved Clausen or a Vet?

Just a few questions that makes me hope for a pick other than Newton.

6. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Big assumption that a guy who can't throw accurately is franchise, but half this board thinks young starter means franchise.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

8. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Fun facts dept: Peter King pointed out that Hurney's mentor, Bobby Beathard, drafted Ryan Leaf.

9. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Marty Hurney and Ron RIvera think Cam Newton is Franchise.

10. BWI-Panther

BWI-Panther Full Access Member

FYP