1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bobcats

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Thelt, Dec 21, 2009.

1. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

they are doing better recordwise at this point than ever before, by one game, but still better

2. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

In case you haven't noticed there has been like 3 Bobcat fans here the past two years. Whether or not they suck has very little to do with whether or not we post.

It's not a prolific basketball board, and there has never been much Bobcat support.

edit: They had another big win against Milwaukee the other night but then slid back on the road last night. Same old same old. If they ever figure out how to win on the road this year they will likely make the playoffs.

3. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

I suppose we should all be like thelt and post the same fucking retarted posts every day like he does in the panthers forum.

like DJ said there are about three people here who follow the bobcats. the college threads are so idiotic that I cant even follow them any more.

Bobcats newsflash: my friend who works for them saw Stephen Jackson walking down the hallway today in a Jordan sweatsuit and some Florida Evans looking houseshoes counting a 3" stack of money. thats fucking awesome.

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Is there a thriving forum associated with the Bobcats anywhere? A lot of the crowd on here used to talk about the Hornets a lot on the old Charlotte.com message board.

5. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

You guys remember when Harvey Hornet and his crew invaded our board? Good times. We definitely had a bigger basketball board in the days of the Hornets but that's to be expected. Obviously the Bobcats have never held the city's interests like the Hornets did.

6. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Well a lot has to do with how things went with the previous owner. But the main thing for me, is I just don't like the product that the NBA has become.

I can only think of 1 or 2 players that I would pay money to watch play now, but since I can't stand the rest it's just not worth it to follow for me.

7. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

I think there's a lot of reasons for this, and I see few ways out of the death spiral...

--The city already went through an "expansion" process with the original Hornets. It doesn't have the patience to relive all of those losing seasons with another team as well.

--Larry Brown's defensive style of BBall just isn't entertaining to watch.
    Remember those Knicks-Pistons 72-66 gems from days gone by ? That's what we're building here now. (It might win ballgames, but it's like watching paint dry).

--Our rookie drafts have been catastrophic failures ( per the above list, we've had 5 top ten picks, and out of those we have........Raymond Felton......zzzzz)

--Our owner is a notorious cheapskate who will not spend $$ to bring free agents in.

What is needed:
    1. a little luck in the lottery to get a franchise player for this team.
    I'd kill a guy for John Wall.

2. Ditch Brown, bring in a coach who will run like Western teams.

3. New owner with a larger wallet.

8. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

biggest problems with the NBA as a whole are too many games, ticket prices are too high, and the officiating is horrendous.These things affect every team.

People are also brainwashed into thinking "I have to see a top ten player or it s not worth it". All of those same college stars are in the NBA and I dont think they suddenly get worse or forget how to play. Whats so much better about watching Davidson Steph Curry one man show or Lebron one man show? Why is Duke pounding some team by 37 better than watching a NBA team winning by 15?

Larry Brown is not rebuilding the Knicks awful style of ball from the mid 90's.(Thats Fratello, Van Gundy,Riley) I dont think he tells guy to not score and slow it down. They run every chance they get. In fact they brought in "west coast players" to up the scoring JAx, Diaw. Steve Nash cant play for every team. hell, look at Dantoni in NY. they are awful. you think its because they don't have the players or because they are playing on the east coast?

some people are going to hate the NBA no matter what,and thats fine, but if your not over the Hornets leaving you probably never will be.

9. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

I don't think it's so much that people aren't past what he did, well for some it could be, but it's more when you see a moron for an owner like the previous one, then that doesn't help.

10. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Call me a racist for this comment if you must but I do not mean it that way. I feel like Johnson was awarded the team because the league wanted a black owner. I do not feel he earned it on his merits. I am not sure if the other groups trying to get ownership would have been better but Johnson certainly has not been impressive.

Having never signed a free agent of any note certainly makes you feel like they are not trying to compete with the big dogs. Drafting poorly does not help but they are at least participating in the draft.