1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bobcats

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Thelt, Dec 21, 2009.

1. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Wasted a good game by Boris, that's depressing.

2. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

P U

:censored:

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

If they miss the playoffs because they lost two games to the Nets they need to be flogged in public.

4. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I'mma be just as ticked if they don't bring in a player to help, and the clock is ticking 3pm will be here soon.

5. DJ_Tet

Yeah I was thinking the same thing Brain. Considering we won't have a first round pick if we make the playoffs and it will be hard to sign a FA with everything surrounding the team, this is our best shot to improve the team not only for a playoff run but for next year as well.

With building around Stephen Jackson, he's only got another year or two before his game starts fading. We might as well strike now while we can, get something for DJ if we can (or even better Diop.)

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

News: The Bobcats have acquired Chicago Bull Tyrus Thomas for Acie Law, Flip Murray and a future first round pick, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports reports.
    Spin: Thomas had been rumored to be going several different places but this deal fit the Bulls' requirements of a middling first-round pick and expiring contacts. Thomas' value gets a mild spike as he should see time at small and power forward in Charlotte.

7. DJ_Tet

Muuuuch better than Big Baby.

I'm very happy with this news although obviously it sucks to lose Flip. Henderson could benefit with playing time here as well as free up DJ to play more.

Great move, I guess the first rounder will have to be 2012 at the earliest, assuming we lose this year's pick by making the playoffs.

Looks like the first rounder is protected, hopefully we find out the terms soon.

It's an aggressive move that fills a need without giving up a lot in the present, I like it a lot.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  8. DJ_Tet

9. DJ_Tet

Wow, I'm really getting excited about this. I always respected Thomas even though he was on the shitlist for just about singlehandedly knocking Duke out of the tournament when LSU had their Final Four run. Thomas was an amazing athlete in college.

Now he's only 23 years old. Last year he averaged 11 ppg / 6.5 rbpg / 2 blocks / 1.2 steals in only 27 min per game. This year his numbers are down a bit (except in steals where it's 1.5 steals pg) but his minutes are down to 20 min per game. Here in spelling Wallace and Diaw (as well as preventing the need to move Wallace to the 4) he should get 25 min a game or more.

Provides great flexibility in the lineup, and adds another great defender in the post. If Chandler ever comes back healthy we are going to be a handful on the defensive end.

Hopefully DJ and Henderson can fill the void that losing Flip Murray will cause on the offensive end. We're going to need to find someone else who can create some offense.

edit: Also for this deal to be worth it we have to be able to sign Thomas to a long term deal. Hopefully the details on that are just going to be postponed until the new ownership group takes over.

10. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

I like it. old for young,small for tall. I like Flip but hes a journeyman who has played on like 7 teams in 7 or 8 years. hate to lose a draft pick but the Bobcats aren't very good with them anyway.

TT will be an upgrade toughness wise at the PF. Diaw for all his pluses , hes not very aggressive. Maybe hell light a fire under Boris if they are fighting for the starting spot. Henderson should get some more minutes but he can't score like Murray so well see. still, they made a move that addresses a need if they are going to make a run at the playoffs.