1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bobcats

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Thelt, Dec 21, 2009.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Depending on the severity this might go out the window. Trade rumor consisting of DJ (From ESPN Insider)
    D.J. Augustin, PG, Bobcats
    The Bobcats are looking more and more like a playoff team, and coach Larry Brown is beginning to make a push to add one more veteran for the second half of the season. Their best trade bait is Augustin, a second-year point guard.

After a solid rookie season, he's been a disappointment, but a number of teams were high on him as a draft prospect, so there might be a market. If the Bobcats can add the right veteran for their playoff run, they'll do it.

2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

It is a little early in their careers to say anyone is better than anyone else. Henderson may turn out to be decent and he may not but he is not a bust because he is not off to as good a start as some other guys who went after him.

I would have rather had a big man in the draft but I do not remember any decent ones being on the board.

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Considering that Okafor has been healthy and playing this year it would be nice to still have him rather than having Chandler on crutches....

4. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

this is not the NFL. a game is not blacked out if there is not a sell out. even NBA league pass you cant see every game. The NBA, Time Warner Cable, and the Hurricanes tv schedule all effect the Bobcats tv schedule. All but about three games of the reamining schedule are televised.

5. QC REPRESENT

thank you captian obvious

6. QC REPRESENT

drafting Henderson wasnt a bad pick at the time. They didnt have Jackson during the draft and didnt know they would end up with him. Raja bell missed several games down the stretch last year so there was a need for depth at that position. they might have snuck into the playoff if he had stayed healthy.

7. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Seriously. I wonder if Thelt knows how many Hornet home games were televised in the early years. I remember it being about 5 a year, despite all the sell-outs.

Anyway, I wouldn't be opposed to trading Augustin for the right player. I think Felton is the guy we need to keep, I just don't know if DJ will ever be big enough to be a starter in the NBA.

8. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

not even, IIRC. I remember sittin by the radio listening to almost all of the home games. Usually they would televise the season opener and end, and maybe a Bulls game.

9. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I used to watch a lot of hornet games by catching wild feeds on the sattelite dish. I still lived at home back then and dad had one of those big dishes that would turn. I actually bought a subscription to sportsouth back then too.

10. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

Yeah that was me too. Times were simpler then. I couldn't possibly sit through a whole radio broadcast nowadays but back then Steve and Gil would paint the whole picture in my mind, from pre-game to wrap-up to Hello Henry.

Thelt, I couldn't be more jealous of you. My parents refused to get one of those dishes.