1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bobcats... news news news..update on Free Agents

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by merchman567, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

He had some pretty good games in Portland, but he does appear to be a turnover machine and can't hit free throws. Still, he'd provide more physicality and rebounding in the middle than Voskuhl. Plus I don't think he'd cost very much.

2. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

hah, if you thought Carrol cost a lot, your head will explode at what Magliore will cost :)

Big man + being a veteran?

He made almost 9M last year. Clearly he won't get the same amount, but big men make large amounts of money in the NBA.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

That was the last year of a contract signed back when he was coming off an All-Star appearance, Clay. Magloire isn't even being offered anyone's mid-level exception right now.

4. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

Which is why I said "Clearly he won't get the same amount"

Jake Voskuhl made 2M last year for his 4PPG and 3RPG. Jamaal will get close to the MLE for 6/6.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I think he'll make less than Carroll, and he certainly won't get as long a contract, but I guess we'll see. Ultimately it would just be nice if we knew whether or not Wallace will be back.

6. merchman567

merchman567 Full Access Member

SOMETHING NEW!!!!..well sorta

Conservative Approach
    Jul 7 - Doctors placed Sean May back on crutches after the season, to treat a deep bone bruise in his right knee. Before this week, any activity was limited to the low-impact environment of a pool in Chapel Hill.
    The Bobcats and their medical staff are treating May's knee conservatively, and that will continue through fall training camp and possibly into the regular season, coach Sam Vincent said. May acknowledged Friday he's trying to avoid micro-fracture surgery -- a time-consuming procedure that doesn't always correct the problem.

May said his knee problems could be career-threatening if they worsen. However, he's confident he'll be back for camp, cleared for full activity. -- Charlotte Observer

"Mentally, it's been tough," said May, who has missed 106 of the first 164 games of his NBA career because of right knee problems. "When I got hurt, we thought it was a three- or four-month injury. It's just been a lot worse than that." -- Gaston Gazette

7. moriarty

moriarty who knew?

gazette is reporting that we expect to sign wallace very soon to a deal worth around 60 million.

8. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

Most likely. He's clearly trending downward.

9. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

It's a lot of coin, but it's probably the market rate for him. The fact that there were so few huge names out there kinda inflated the market for him.

I can't think of a guy I'd rather spend money on.

Of course, next year Okafor will demand pretty big money.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

If true, I would expect that to be 5 years. Interesting that it would mean he's basically getting exactly what Billups did. And yeah, Okafor will require a max deal even though he doesn't deserve it.