1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bobcats... news news news..update on Free Agents

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by merchman567, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Why can no one on this board besides me actually admit when they're wrong about something? Carroll had slightly fewer rebounds per game in slightly fewer minutes than Morrison. They both suck cancerous goat testicles when it comes to getting rebounds, but it was incorrect for you to pretend that Carroll is a better rebounder. He isn't. They're both equally sorry.
    Wallace (assuming he comes back) and Richardson will account for 70 to 75 of those minutes per game. That leaves 26 more to be split between two players, one who cost a #3 overall pick and another who just received $27 million. Does that sound reasonable? No, and that's why I'm concerned that re-signing Carroll indicates that they don't expect to get Wallace back.
    That's why I said "almost half." It's going to be about 40% of that salary, which is obviously a significant portion. Every sizable bit of the salary cap that you eat up unnecessarily is less money that you can spend where you actually need it.
    Actually that was my point. You were trying to portray Carroll as a good rebounder, which was ridiculous. Remember saying: "part of the rebounding game is not what you get but what you don't let your opponent get. Carroll boxes out and keeps his man from getting rebounds as well"?
    Not first tier guys, no, but I'm not talking about max deal types. I'm talking about second tier guys who are very good but maybe a little short of All-Star level. Signing guys like Carroll to significant contracts removes that option. Now you're reduced to hoping that an already flawed roster will somehow be good enough to legitimately compete over the long-term just by adding Jason Richardson. Now I obviously liked that deal, but giving $27 million to Carroll was a step in the opposite direction. And as I said, players are not going to choose Charlotte's mid-level exception over many other teams in the league. So you better hope that the guys who are on the roster now are good enough to get it done.

2. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Shut up. No one gives a fuck. Quit fucking up a damned thread that I keep thinking is getting bumped for new news with your damned bitching contest. Oh and you saying the whole board is wrong... think about it ace. If every one in the world says the sky is blue, that means the sky is blue.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  3. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member

True. I'm glad that there is more action in this forum, but arguing over who is the shittiest rebounder does not make for good conversation.

For some REAL news, looks like Dallas is signing Jerry Stackhouse to a deal significantly over the MLE, which would take them out of the Wallace sweepstakes barring a sign and trade.

Also, espn has an insider article saying the Magic would like to keep Darko, I don't know how that would affect their offer though.

4. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

agree on the pissing contest...stop

Im reading that the Magic has no plans to pay Darkos price starting at 10 mil a year. they withdrew an offer of 6.8 to make room for Lewis from Seattle.

5. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

doesn't Darko suck?

He rarely saw the court his first two years and Orlando doesn't want him anymore after one season. That should mean something.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  6. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

I think he doesnt want the Magic,they would still like to keep him. hes nothing special though. I would rather that money go to Wallace.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

It's not just a pissing contest, as it's relevant to the Wallace situation. Morrison and Carroll have very similar skills and, assuming that Wallace gets re-signed, would split about 25 minutes of playing time between them. So why would you spend $27 million on that? I honestly don't get why more people don't think this means the Bobcats don't believe that Wallace will be back.

Basically, if Wallace is here, Carroll's contract makes no sense. If Wallace won't be here, it makes a lot of sense. Put two and two together.

8. cantgetright

cantgetright Full Access Member

Pissing contest over. Sorry guys... I just haven't got to debate anything basketball related in so long that it felt good to talk basketball even if was arguing....

I'm sure it will all die down when training camp starts in a few weeks but, hopefully this team is starting to build some momentum and inching closer and closer to becoming accepted.

Each free agent signing that we make helps that i believe.

I'd take Darko seeing as how he's only like 22 years old and still has alot of potential.

9. cantgetright

cantgetright Full Access Member

10. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Well I've read where it says it looks like there's a good chance Wallace returns, and the Bobcats front office is indicating that. Means your just wrong... so get over it and stop fussing the same damned argument over. If it turns out he doesn't come back here and call me a dumb ass, but until then you've stated your case. So let the fighting rest.