1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bobcats Inching Closer to Announcing Regional Sports Network?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by sds70, Jan 27, 2004.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

I'm sure Bob Johnson is learning from the Hornets fiasco with COX SPORTS TV in New Orleans . . The sooner he announces the network, the sooner he can start talking with other cable outlets in the Carolinas to carry the network. He will have basically up to November to get as many cable systems on board so few areas won't miss out any of the early Bobcats games & programming on CAROLINA SPORTSNET**

**is there anyway to go ahead and claim this name now or is it too late :D :D ? I'm sure the lawyers are checking for it now to make sure nobody else has claimed it . .

2. sds70

3. sds70

Something else to think about from the article I posted below . . . .

The Carolina Hurricanes are mentioned as possibly joining this network . . They broadcast a few games in HDTV format on Time Warner Cable in the Triangle area (FOX50 in Raleigh provides the broadcast support). Has anybody heard anything about the Bobcats possibly airing their games in HDTV format yet ? ? ? Considering that TWC has dabbled in this with the Canes, I would think the Bobcats would be looking at jumping into HDTV broadcasts sooner vs. later. I'm sure the Canes would like to be able to broadcast their games regionally in HDTV format eventually and CAROLINA SPORTSNET would be the perfect venue to do this, wouldn't you agree ? ?

4. DA*MAN

DA*MAN Professional Driver

I think that the best course of action here is for Robert Johnson's Carolina SportsNet to essentially be the successor to Fox Sports Net Carolinas along the Comcast model, except it doesn't have the name of any cable company, so it can be carried by all cable systems without changing the name.

Fox Sports Net's carolina feed will be neutered severely if this doesn't happen, and I don't see a clamoring for ESPN Regional filler time.

Wish list for Carolina Sportsnet:

Charlotte Bobcats
    Carolina Hurricanes
    Charlotte, Davidson, and Winthrop basketball and baseball
    HS Sports for NC and SC
    Fox Sports Net Programming (Totally Nascar, 54321, Carolina Sports Report)
    ESPNNews during the infomercial hours of FSN
    Wednesday Atlanta Braves from FSN Atlanta as long as FSN has contract. For those portions of the area not in Braves territory, Baltimore Orioles.
    Carry Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast on another channel and break in for overflow events between Hurricanes and Bobcats.

5. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

allso i wouid like to see Charlotte Checkers game on TV as wall Charlotte Knights wouid be cool.One thing that i wouid like to see on Carolina Sportsnet.Panthers game.