1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bob Johnson

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Clay, May 26, 2004.

1. KrisJenkins77

KrisJenkins77 Yes. Yes I was driving.

If they trade up for #1 it will be to pick Okeafor, whose back problems have me worried to say the least.

2. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Full Access Member

Hello Basketball fans.

I am seeking out those who have not embraced the Bobcats and are still concerned that the Bobcats will disappoint them. I am not going to discuss X's and O's, but what I want to do is talk to you about my vision of this as a business, not about players or coaches. I really want to talk about my business philosophy, how I see the Bobcats organization, the arena and the whole economic development objective that I think inspired the city and the business community to create this unique opportunity.

When you're building a business, you start by saying, "What are your fundamental assets in this business?" Well, the way I see it, the city committed to probably the largest public entertainment project this city has probably ever undertaken. The $265 million uptown arena is a huge public entertainment project. Its goal is to house the Bobcats, Sting and other entertainment events. And we were, in effect, appointed as the custodial operator of that public entertainment complex. That's the way we look at it.

This building should act as a catalyst for economic development in the core region around the uptown arena.

Also to stimulate employment within the arena complex as well as the ancillary businesses and development that would take place, to enhance the tax base as businesses come into town because of the arena, and also to stimulate the cultural and social amenities of the Charlotte region, thereby attracting businesses to want to relocate to Charlotte because it has the attributes of a dynamic city.

So our job is to be the custodian of that. And not just in selling tickets and not just in selling suites, but to make sure the way we operate that arena and the way we use it is a catalyst is in concert with the broad vision community leaders had for making that $265 million investment.

So our job is to carry out that mandate. And that mandate is significantly greater than putting on 82 basketball events, putting on entertainment events. It is really to aid the Charlotte community.

Thanks for your support,

Bob Johnson

3. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

hey Bob..next time you want to piss away $300 million let me know.

4. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

I hear they are looking for a doofus for their mascot....you should work out great....

5. Bunky

Bunky .

Hi Bob.

6. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

I could use some tickets...Bob....what do you say :laugh1:

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Bobby

great vision and good luck!

8. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Following Riddell:
    I could use a job...Bob....what do you say [​IMG]

9. cantgetright

cantgetright Full Access Member

If that's really Bob it's awesome that he would show up here and chat. Bob thanks for making everything happen and what kind of job will my degree in Sports management help me to land with Bobcats?

I don't really believe it's Bob though. A billionaire would have better things to do than to hang with us I believe. If it's not really Bob it's a damn good fake. I Love the part about synergy. I believe I remember those exact words from an interview.

Classic copy and paste job I believe. Of course I just finished reading the DaVinci code so I believe everything is just a big scheme. :huh:

10. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

We've landed on the moon!