1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Blain Gabbert

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Toll Booth Willie, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Toll Booth Willie

Toll Booth Willie Welcome to Wusta!

2. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

So who's gonna be our San Diego to get him here? Or by your logic technically we take a guy then get luck and somehow again get the #3 pick (we must be awesome) and then trade the first guy away.

3. Skidmark

Skidmark Full Access Member

I see big, average.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9BB0mwOBMg&feature=related

Fairly quick release. Throws from back foot a lot, even though he is very deep in the shotgun. overthrows the fade. This video is from last year, but not a highlight reel, so I used it . I hear his is out of shape--not verified.

4. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=68072

hard to find much on mallett.

it's highlight and when you've got the tools he has, you're gonna have some impressive highlights. did see on another video him make a couple of good throws to his left ... so i don't think it's an issue. googled him a lot last night. you got guys that love and guys that say they wouldn't touch. some better quotes from teammates say "if you don't catch it, you're gonna wear it" and that he shredded a receivers new pair of gloves in practice once. people are saying there are some character issues but nothing much definitive. i think he got busted for drinking when he was a freshman ... okay so he's normal.

i didn't ever see him play a game. a buddy says he doesn't want him because he pouts and seems arrogant and can't move. can someone who's watched him give some input?

i have a hard time with picking the Auburn DT with the first pick.

i think we need a young franchise type of QB even if we have to take 2-3 years to develop him. i'd be okay with that a vet placeholder like Peete if need be if we have some young stud in the wings. i just don't see us sticking with jimmy. i have more hope in Armanti than him.

hopefully, this is the last chance in a long while that we get a chance to take a QB. could be stupid, as most busts are when a team drafts at a position on need, especially QB. despite the risk, mallett is the one guy, i think i'd take a chance on depending on his intangibles.

5. Parker

Parker Full Access Member

When I watched videos of Luck, Mallet and Locker, I was more impressed with Mallet. However, the scouts are really negative about him.

The main reason I wouldn't take him is because we need a QB now. I don't mind bringing in a vet to compete, but I wouldn't draft a guy unless you are sure he is THE guy. Otherwise, you're in the same place you are with Clausen (can he be the guy or not?).

That's why I go with Fairley or even Green over any QB right now.

6. HeadCase

HeadCase dazed and confused

fair enough ... though i'm not still in the wondering stage with jimmy. it would be nice to at least have someone that i could have a little hope in. i think any of these top QBs have a lot more upside than jimmy.

yep alot of scouts are really down on him so this is just pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking. hoping somebody out there would feed me some hope. guess not.

i guess i'd take the DT over any WR with a top pick. but then i might take a corner over the DT. i think Gantt mentioned one that we might consider.

oh well, i guess i will just resign myself that we just have piss-poor luck (no pun intended). kinda like the year we drafted gross. i was all hyped to draft leftwich and was pissed as hell when we didn't. i guess in hindsite it was probably the smarter move. though somtimes i wonder.