1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Black Monday

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

He'll need a strong GM. He took a talented Denver team and clipped it's wings. He did draft Tebow so I guess he deserves some residual credit there.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah, he was already a young and inexperienced coach, so I'll never understand why they handed him personnel control. He was pretty awful at that.

3. y2b

y2b King of QC

some sea never a skillful sailor did make

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    It'll be interesting to see where Fisher goes, and what happens with all 3 of the Florida franchises possibly open. There aren't a ton of young candidates and there's a glut of veteran coaches without a job.

I still don't buy McDaniels. Hasn't proven much outside of NE. NE's still good without him.

5. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I heard on ESPN radio a few days ago that Cohwer has already had talks with San Diego, in addition it's speculated Smith the GM is also gone on Monday

6. Louie

Louie Full Access Member

Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL Network says he works with Cowher all the time, and the other day when Cowher heard that he was linked to San Diego he just shook his head and laughed and told Pat he wasn't coaching in 2012 and all those rumors were crazy.

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Mort is reporting Spags and Raheem will be gone on Monday

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

He did as well as Shanahan with less talent. The mistake was letting him control personnel, since he did a lot of stupid stuff that undermine him as a coach.

Yeah, coaching is a bigger pain in the ass than ever. If you can make almost as much from doing TV and you've already won a Super Bowl, I can't see why you would go back. Maybe Cowher or Gruden could take a college job in a few years if they get the coaching itch since that's less pressure and you can have someone else handle recruiting.

9. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

I think Cowher enjoys laughing at America each morning while he sits on the shitter, wiping his ass with $50 bills and/or Carson Palmer natti jerseys.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I wouldn't call that correct. Shanahan's worst season was 8-8, and got him fired. With the same team, McDaniels did go 8-8, which is something solid for a first time head coach, but you do remember he finished losing 17 of his last 22 games, right? In one of the worst divisions going.

He alienated his assistants, he made enemies. Those trades were awful, but they were done because he couldn't get along with the existing pieces that made that team worth building on. And he's currently piloting the league's 32nd scoring offense.

So, that said, and taking away any personnel mistakes as I don't think anyone will have to worry about that again - just as a coach, as a leader, strategizer, anything - tell me why this is a guy we have to talk about.