1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

"Biggest Games in Franchise History"

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by negoshe8er, Jan 8, 2004.

1. negoshe8er

negoshe8er 12 In A Row

Yet again we reach another milestone for the Panthers. This week represents another huge game in franchise history and with a victory, will set up the next "biggest game" in the teams young tradition. I say, win or lose, this year has far exceeded anyones' expectations.

Congratulations Panthers. Now, get out there and kick some serious ass on Saturday.

2. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I would say the 1996 game which we lost to Green Bay was bigger

3. y2b

y2b King of QC

Actually, this is about what I expected this year out of this team. I thought they'd be good enough to get a shot at the Championship game either as a Wild Card or Divisional winner.

Plus we're peaking at just the right time, so that's a bonus I'd hoped for...

Yeah, this game ranks up there. Hopefully, next week will rank up there too

4. Rumpeltiltspin

Rumpeltiltspin Dixie Normous

Actually I'm pleasantly surprised at the outcome of this season so far. I thought they'd do well, but not quite this good. I figured at best 10-6, and get in as a wildcard, with ATL winning the division (this before Vick was out, then I replaced them with Tampa.). I'll be dissappointed if they lose this Sat, but I'll take the outcome of this season, be happy, and be hopeful for next season. I only fear we slip some, or our division gets tougher, or early injuries next year. Kinda snake bitten from '97. But our guys are much younger than the 96-97 team, so there more hope that a letdown won't happen.

The most surprising thing to me, and I pray it doesn't jinx them, is the injury report right now. That's all I'm gonna say to be safe.

5. PantherFanz

PantherFanz Go Panthers

My Top 10 Panther games

1) 2003 Wild-Card vs. Dallas
    2) 1996 Divisional vs. Dallas
    3) 1999 Regular season @ Green Bay (Beuerlein on the keeper to win)
    4) 2003 Regular season @ Tampa Bay (3 blocked kicks, that was big!)
    5) 1996 Regular season vs. Steelers (Cota interception in the endzone and Panthers get #2 seed and first week bye)
    6) 1996 NFC Championship game @ Green Bay 1st half only. The other half was a harbinger of things to come
    7) 1997 MNF @ Dallas (Replay of Divisional game in Texas stadium and we win again!)
    8) 1996 Regular season vs. 49ers (New kids on the block take sole possession of the NFC West over the mighty 9ers. This was also the first real towel waving game @ Ericcson)
    9) 1996 Regular season vs. Bucs (Heavy rain and our first shutout)
    10) 1997 Regular season vs. Raiders (Fred Lane debut with the famous endzone worm dance and one of the biggest fights I have ever seen in the stadium. Also had our first shirtless wall jumper as I recall)