1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Big Ben

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I remember that. Riding a motorcycle without any protection is right behind shoving your dick into a blender, as far as ignorance. I can't feel too bad for the guy. You should know the risk you're taking beforehand.

2. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

How can you NOT wear a helmet. Having confidence in your own driving ability is one thing. But how can you account for the countless stupids that are on the roads today.

3. Angus

Angus Kickin'

Steelers | Rooney issues statement regarding Roethlisberger
    Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:41:33 -0700
    <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl">Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney issued a statement regarding QB Ben Roethlisberger's (head, knee) motorcycle accident. Rooney said, "On behalf of everyone within the Steelers organization who are cleaning up their shit filled underwear, I want to express my concern for Ben Roethlisberger. I am sure Ben knows that we are praying for his complete recovery. Stupid Son of a Bitch fucking killing our chances of repeating So far, we have been encouraged by the early reports from the medical team he is not dead at Mercy Hospital. Our public relations staff will pass along any additional updates as we receive them from the hospital." Once we know he is out of the woods we are going to inform him we are going after this years portion of the signing bonus for not protecting himself better ie Kellen Winslow Jr

4. Low & Away

Low & Away The CASTLEman

You are so wrong. Pittsburgh is a completely different team without Big Ben under center. Look at their record with him and without him in the past 2 seasons where they have only lost seven games overall. Roethlisberger started 4 of those games. He was playing on badly hurt knees during two of those four games (at Indianapolis on MNF, and vs. Cincinatti). He is a born winner. You can't teach someone a winning attitude. Jon Kitna is a much bigger stretch than Trent Dilfer. Keep in mind that Dilfer won a Super Bowl with a great defense in Baltimore. I doubt Dilfer could have beaten Seattle in Super Bowl XL but we'll never know though.

I just hope Ben can recover cause I got tickets to see him against Carolina on December 17th.

5. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Roethlisberger In Surgery After Bike Crash

Big Ben's Mom Arrives At Hospital

POSTED: 11:50 am EDT June 12, 2006
    UPDATED: 5:00 pm EDT June 12, 2006

www.thepittsburghchannel.com

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is undergoing surgery after a motorcycle accident on Monday morning, doctors at Mercy Hospital said.

Roethlisberger is in serious but stable condition, according to Dr. Larry Jones.

According to a police source, Roethlisberger suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost many teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement.

A plastic surgeon has been called in, the source said.

"On behalf of everyone within the Steelers organization, I want to express my concern for Ben Roethlisberger. I am sure Ben knows that we are praying for his complete recovery. So far, we have been encouraged by the early reports from the medical team at Mercy Hospital," Steelers president Art Rooney said.

Roethlisberger's mother, Brenda, arrived at the hospital just before 5 p.m.

Police said the accident happened on Second Avenue near the 10th Street Bridge just after 11 a.m.

A witness told Channel 4 Action News that Roethlisberger went over his handlebars, hit the windshield of a car and then fell to the ground.

The witness said she saw the accident and went over to help but did not recognize Roethlisberger. When she asked him what his name was, she said he replied, "Ben."

The woman added that Roethlisberger asked her a series of questions, including where he was and what state he was in. He attempted to stand up but the woman said she encouraged him not to move until paramedics arrived.

The bike and the car, a silver Chrysler New Yorker, have been towed to a police facility in Troy Hill for investigation.

The 62-year-old Pittsburgh woman who was driving the New Yorker is not believed to have been seriously injured.

Roethlisberger was not wearing a helmet, according to the Tribune-Review. In the past, he has publicly said he prefers to ride helmetless, which is legal in Pennsylvania.

Former Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw has been an outspoken critic of Roethlisberger's motorcycle activity, saying Roethlisberger should stay off bikes until his playing career ends.

Police have not filed charges and have not said how fast either of the driver was going at the time of the accident.

The investigation will take at least a week, Channel 4 Action News reporter Paul Van Osdol said.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I want them to define what severe injuries to his knees are.

On the bright side Big Ben can now be the spokesman for Poligrip :satana:

Attached Files:

7. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

you a Steeler fan?

8. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

His kneecaps look like Rice Crispies, and they found them 50 feet away.

9. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

WTF! Fucking arrogance!

10. WYDD

WYDD Everybody dance now.

pics, link?