1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Big Ben

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Jun 12, 2006.

1. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

He won't see opening day. Not from a huddle anyway.

2. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

Probably a cleveland brown-eye fan :thud:

3. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

He definitely might need a long time to be ready for getting his head slammed into artificial turf.

Everyone's slamming him hard, but I was happy he didn't put himself 6 ft under or vegitate himself for life.

Let him get well, THEN jump all over his idiocy.

4. sadic1

sadic1 Full Access Member

Exactly. It doesn't even look like this accident was his fault. He could have been wearing a DOT approved open face helmet and he would have gotten all the same injuries except for the 9 inch cut on his dome. He could have been wearing a DOT approved full face helmet and either come out with no injuries, or it could have shoved his jaw through his brainstem and killed him.

5. Low & Away

Low & Away The CASTLEman

A quarterback has just as much a chance to throw a pick on his first pass attempt as he does on his 35th pass attempt.

And please tell me why you think I am wrong about Ben's passer rating.

His physical tools as a quarterback would allow him to succeed in any kind of offense.

6. rake

rake Need one of these

or with a helmet he could have gotten vegetablized from a broken neck. I know of someone who was paralyzed in a relatively minor (but similar) accident because of the additional amount the front of the helmet stuck out in front. Yeah, he could have had Ben-like injuries instead but anyone would rather have that than be a veg.
    Ben was lucky, others are not. Because of that "luck" factor cocky athletes thinking that they are made of steel and impervious to bad fortune will continue to be the occasional victim to gambles like this . . . Guaranteed

7. kshead

If he's in a car, he's fine except for having to get a new air bag.

8. McJeff

McJeff The wheel is turning

Bens helmet on Ebay

[image]http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/6d/ff/99_2.JPG[/image]

sad. bids are only up to $20.50

9. sadic1

sadic1 Full Access Member

True. I just think it should be clear here that he didn't really do anything particularly stupid, other than riding a motorcycle. Riding a motorcycle apparently doesn't put him in breach of his contract like it did Kellen Winslow Jr, so it's kind of hard to tell a 24 year old guy with a Super Bowl ring not to enjoy his life in his free time. He could get injured playing football and never be able to ride again. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to the coming onslaught from the press. They're basically going to try to get him to renounce motorcycling in general and promise to never do it again. Depending on how much this accident freaked him out, he may not want to ride again, but if he doesn't plan on stopping, it's going to put him in an awkward position. Eventually, he'd have to stop acting all nice and responsible and say, "Listen, motherfuckers. When they put it in my contract that I can't ride, I won't ride. Til then, fuck off."

10. kshead

Sure. I just think it should be clear here that in this case that was enough.