1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bears matchup = Fox ball

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Sep 10, 2008.

1. KiansDad

KiansDad These colors NEVER run!

Nevermind.. I wont stoop to Solates level.

Good game Panthers.. you didnt deserve it.. but you got the win.. thats all that matters.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Didn't deserve it? If not for the lucky touchdown you got off the blocked punt it would not have been that close. Our offense stopped itself in the first half. In the second it handled that vaunted Bear defense easily.

3. bam-bam

bam-bam Full Access Member

Go fuck yourself. And while you're at it, go the hell back up to Chicago to do it.

4. RkWMhB4Life

RkWMhB4Life Full Access Member

o and if someone wants to talk about us not gettin a pitty 4th and 1.... i do believe mckie was stopped on a 4th and 1 yard to help the bears get into field goal range... but because they are the sad team they are they couldnt get it when the game was on the line! thats something about us panthers! we might not get it once but when the game is on the line we push through

5. KiansDad

LOL

If not for Olsens 2 fumbles.. one of which should have been reviewed.. and Orton missing WIDE OPEN wrs on more then one occation.. like when Booker had his man SMOKED.. the Panthers would have never even been in the game at all.

Dont act like the Panthers put on some kind of domiating performance.. it was a gift from Olsen, Orton and our offensive coordinator.. nothing more.

You do realize the Panthers were down 17-3, right?

As a matter of fact.. the Panthers are 2-0, but many of you dont seem to see the FACT that they are about 4:00 of game time away from 0-2. The Bears DOMINATED the Colts and DOMINATED the Panthers for more then half the game.

6. blackcatfan

blackcatfan Full Access Member

Didn't deserve it? The Panthers scored more points. That earns the win. The Bears didn't get it done despite 14 points via Panther gifts!!

7. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

Scoreboard

8. blackcatfan

blackcatfan Full Access Member

IF IF IF

Olson did fumble & Orton did over throw the WRs. It's part of the game. IF the Bears had scored more points, they might have won. They didn't.

You do realize the final score (you know, the one that counts) was 20-17 don't you?

Dominated the Panthers? Smoke on.

9. KiansDad

Let me help you out... my original post:

Note the last part... but you got the win.. thats all that matters.

So I do understand how the whole scoreboad thing works.. really.

Then one of your fellow Panthers fans started the "IF" game:

He is truely in denial here.. so I started playing some "if" games of my own in an effort to jog his memory.. who knows maybe he ONLY looked at the final score and didnt watch any of the game.. especially the first 42 minutes out of 60.. where the Bears were leading 17-6.

Once again.. I understand how the scoreboard works.. I understand the Panthers won the game.

But for ANYONE to say the Panthers looked like the better team for most of the game is wishfull thinking with thick homer glasses.

Want some more proof of this.. as pitiful as Kyle Orton was.. as many passes to WIDE OPEN wrs as he missed.. he STILL threw for more yards the Jake Delhomme... Forte outrushed Stewart and Brandon freaking Lloyd was the leading receiver in the game.. these are FACTS.. not "IFs".

So I will say again.. good win Panthers.. you took what was given to you and capitalized on opportunities.. and that resulted in the final score.. which means it was a Panthers win... congrats

10. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

not the point...just saying--things can happen that would keep them out, that's all.