1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bear's Brown on Jake

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by ant2125, Nov 20, 2005.

1. CosmikCatNip

CosmikCatNip of myth and lore

:agreed:

2. y2b

y2b King of QC

not with the play of this OL

3. Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot The Voice of Reason

Jake Plummer is also 30 years old, the same style of QB as Delhomme, and his play over the last several years has been just as inconsistent as Delhomme at his worst.

This offseason, all that changed. After some coaching from Shanahan and some additional film study, he is light years ahead of where he was last year.

Delhomme and Henning have some fundamental differences in philosophy. I'd have to look it up, but I'm not sure Henning has coached with a "gunslinger" as his starting QB in his past career. Add in that for all intents and purposes, Rodney Peete was the QB coach for the last two years. By all accounts, McCoy doesn't do much but act as a go-between for Henning.

4. WilliamJ

WilliamJ SUPERMOD

it is really hard to be a good quarter back when your offensive line sucks as bad as ours does.

yesterdays loss rides solely on the shoulders of the panthers o-line.

5. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

Dude, that's nuts. Peete just sat on the bench and patted Jake on the back for the last two years. He called a couple of coin tosses, but he was in no way a QB coach.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Well, any coach is going to be complimentary of a player, any player complimentary of his coach, at this point. McCoy might be able to relay the offense, and the technique, but I don't think that makes him competent as a position coach. It makes him an administrator, IMO.

And I do believe Jake can be "fixed". I don't believe that age or experience preclude a player from being able to follow directions. It's not like anyone's trying to get him to start throwing with a different motion or anything like that, just get his footwork back to where it should be and make him step into his throws. I believe a true QBs coach should be able to do that, without faulting Henning for it, since I'm not going to fault a guy like Maser directly for shitty OL play this week.

But we differ on these ideals, and I'm allright with that.

I do think Peete had the ability to offer tips, or advice. I don't and didn't want him as a QBs coach, nor do you necessarily try to force a player to stick around to fill that role by begging him to stay as a player. But it's bothered me since 2002 that we don't have a QBs coach, yes.

7. Boo

Boo Cornholio

the bears D has made alot of offensive lines & quarterbacks look bad. those guys can play.

8. THE GUTTER

THE GUTTER Y!

We need a legitimate 2 receiver and hope that Gaines is going to break out. Otherwise we need a receiving tight end.

9. buck nasty

buck nasty Full Access Member

i've been pissed since yesterday wondering what shannahan and co. could do with jake.

10. WilliamJ

WilliamJ SUPERMOD

the jets made the panthers o-line look bad.