1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Braves Thread

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by Wise One, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

I don't think the team is worse because Atlanta had to have an outfielder. Who was going to play in left ? Melky can play and is an upgrade over Garret Anderson although I still think Atlanta could have waited and got more. The key to the deal is the prospect Vizcaino. He has top of the rotation potential but is at least a year away if not two. Latest word is the Braves are near a deal with Troy Glaus who would play 1b.

2. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Oh, not saying that Melky wasn't an upgrade over what Atlanta had, but had to given up a quality proven starter to get him, so now the starting rotation took a big hit.

The deal really will come down to how things work out with the other players in the trade.

Also, if Glaus is healthy, that would be a nice addition.

3. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Looks like Glaus is a done deal if he passes physical. He could be the steal of the winter if he can return to form after surgery.

4. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Agreed, a few other key additions and the Braves may be back in the hunt, well in the hunt as the Braves normally go.

5. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

6. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

7. Elric

I'd be happy with that.

8. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

I think he will start the year in Gwinnett. He will be up at some point in the season however. He is a 5 tool player and one of the most coveted prospects in the game. I have read that he has no ceiling as far as potential but you know how that can sometimes go. I have talked to a man who has seen him play several times was impressed by his ability to wait on his pitch.

9. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Braves likely finished their roster Tuesday with the deal to Eric Hinskie. The Braves could be a very, very, good team this year but Chipper must bounce back and Glaus must return to his pre-injury form. If both of those things happen they can make the post season. I like the rotation, I like the bullpen, and the defense. It all depends on how well they hit and score runs IMO.

10. Elric

I think they have a good season coming up myself. I don't know if they have the talent to knock off the Phillies but I could see 90-95 wins.