1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ASU Football 2007

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by TROCK, May 8, 2007.

1. curly

curly Full Access Member

a guy on the radio said last week that he wouldn't go so far as to predict an upset, but that ASU's overall team speed was going to give Michigan a hard time.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

I'm the one who mentioned his history, chief, you didn't. You had to look it up for a team you're supposedly a fan of. Thompson shifted to WR because he wasn't even good enough to be the top backup at QB. Stoops put him back there out of desperation, and they had to scale down the offense to accomodate him. To his credit, he seems like a stand-up guy, but he was a very limited quarterback.

Look, it's obvious that you're bitter about the fact that Boise State beat your team, and either unwilling to admit that it was a flawed team or just outright delusional, but do ASU a favor and shut up or create another thread where you can whine about this.

I don't buy that. Michigan was wearing ASU down and certainly by the end the Mountaineers were just hanging on. I think if they played 10 times, ASU might win twice, but they won the one that counted.

3. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I help out where I can.......:munching_out:

4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I don't claim to be the sharpest nail in the bag, but I can laugh at whatever I choose. Your mirror needs polishing

5. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

I may not take off my ASU cap for days

6. bkfountain

bkfountain Full Access Member

congrats from a WCU grad...

now when are you bitches going up to 1A?

7. THE GUTTER

THE GUTTER Y!

somebody won some money on that game. what were the odds?

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

I read that Vegas wouldn't set a line on the game.

In any case, I also read that ASU has future games against Florida, Georgia, and LSU. Wowzers.

9. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Leave it on til they lose.

10. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

At least they took it well......

Fans vent their outrage

Disappointment, disgust also among reactions Sunday, September 02, 2007

BY DAVID JESSE News Staff Reporter (The Ann Arbor News)

As Mike Heather pondered the historic upset minutes after the University of Michigan game ended Saturday, he grew more and more angry.

"How the (expletive) does (expletive) Appalachian State dominate us like that?'' Heather, 65, of Grand Rapids, said after watching the Appalachian State University football team celebrate a massive victory over the Wolverines, 34-32. "I can't believe it. Other than the first minute or two, they were so much better than us.

"There's no (expletive) way we should lose that game.''

That sentiment - and many of those same unprintable words - marked the overall reaction of the 100,000-plus fans filing out of Michigan Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

There was anger, resignation, disappointment and disgust etched in fans' faces.

"I'm not really sure I just saw that,'' said Jim Holland, 37, of Brighton. "I didn't even expect Appalachian State to score three touchdowns. We should have won by 30 points. We just sucked.''

Unlike most games, where exiting fans head to tailgates and parties to replay highlights of the game, the crowd seemed intent on fleeing town.

"I can't believe I wasted my Saturday on that,'' said Rob Crader, 31, of Ypsilanti. "This was supposed to be a guaranteed win. The team let all their fans down. The season's over after the first game. That's horrible.''

Along the streets from the stadium toward downtown, conversations were muted as fans morosely trudged back to cars, apartments and dorms.

"It's just so disappointing,'' said junior Mary Washington. "This was supposed to be a good team, and it's all over.''

Many students were on their cell phones describing the game - in profanity-laced terms - to friends and family members who weren't there. Some were also making plans for the evening.

"I'm in no mood to party,'' one student said to his friend.

Near the stadium, emotions were closer to the surface.

Heather and his friends were critical of the coaching staff - especially Lloyd Carr - as they stood next to their cars.

"They didn't do their job. They obviously didn't prepare the kids for the game,'' Cam Swift, 63, of Grand Rapids, said. "I think it's time for Lloyd to go. We've had too many disappointments under him.''

Younger fans were also upset.

Matt Tol, 7, of Brighton, had tears in his eyes.

"It's his first game to see in person,'' said his father, Ethan. "He was so excited to see them play in person, and he's just so sad to see them lose like they did.''

Several hours after the game ended, emotions still bubbled up in fans as they ate dinner in restaurants throughout downtown Ann Arbor.

"I still can't believe it,'' said Walt Thomas, 59, of Ann Arbor. "Towards the end, I thought they might get lucky and pull it out, but they deserved to lose. It was an awful, awful game.''

:furious3: