1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Around The League 2023

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by dig-it, May 24, 2023.

1. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

2. morningwood

morningwood Pay for Performance

3. presidence99

4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

One can just look at Allen's face and see a very clueless look.

5. rake

rake Need one of these

SIX elite QBs (if Dak and Fields can be included) didn't do so well. Overrated for the most part and Allen is the prime example. He reminds me of Bradshaw. The big tough kid with enough charisma to distract from the fact that the between the ears part of their game is substandard. Herbert Tua and Purdy are good examples of brains over brawn and physical aptitude.
    Along those lines, I'm betting that Monken's never going to be able to make full use of all that talent with Jackson. He will never get comfortable as "passer first". Not every QB is able to read and process on the fly. Lamar will always default to "fuck it and run". Then there is lil' Bryce. There is reason for optimism and i wish that HE had Monken to develop and thrive under. However, even if that were the case, without a decent supporting cast even the best QB on the planet is going to struggle and lose by a point to inferior competition. There are at least 7 rookie WRs (not on panthers roster) that I would kidnap for them to come help poor Bryce from having to throw countless balls OOB. Carolina should have drafted a few rookie WRs from a VERY strong class for Sam to frustrate for this season. THEN draft one of the QBs from a VERY strong 2024 QB class to give that kid a few viable targets to pass the fucking ball to.

6. presidence99

No one was calling fields elite.

Herbert is very much the tall well built rocket armed guy similar to Allen, Cutler, Every QB elway drafted he's more brawn than brains.

Yeah Monken probably got to Jackson too late- i think they hope now he can get to good enough as a passer then hopefully have a get hot postseason run a la Flacco/Eli/Foles. That defense has quietly fallen off from their reliable old ways.

I've been on the Moore needs to be the #2 WR for years now. Guy just never quite took over a game like the elites. He'd crush it not being the center of defensive attention.

NO YOU HAVE TO GET THE QB CHEAP AND BUILD AROUND THEM. You can't follow the example of the chiefs or bucs or rams and build a good team and them make the move for a QB to put you over the top. This is directed at the all too online NFL meta.

They've made their bed with Bryce I hope they're smart about it. we'll see where they are week 8.

7. dig-it

I see and read a lot on here about who stinks and who sucks.
    What offensive players are good and will stay good?
    Mahomes? WR Hill?
    What players are good enough to win with a good D behind them?

8. presidence99

Off top of my head
    You can win with less help if you have
    Mahomes

Burrow
    Hurts
    They can elevate a lot but Mahomes is the best of this bunch

Next tier still good
    Stafford
    Watson (if he's back)
    Lawrence

gets hot/ needs a good defense
    Allen
    Goff
    Purdy
    Mac Jones
    Tua
    Russ
    Herbert (might need some sort of occult ritual sacrifice to fix the team curse first)
    Jackson

Needs to pull a folesian career best hot streak and have a great team around them
    Cousins
    Carr
    Mayfield
    Tannehill

The league has a ton of QBs that could win and are on teams that could do it right now but we're coming off 20 years of Brady/Manning/Rodgers being a golden run with only mahomes looking like a guy at their level of play.

9. DogBoy

DogBoy Full Access Member

The turf giveth and the turf take th away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. dig-it

I don't know what the difference is, but I understand that U of Tenn has a different kind of turf, not the stuff where black beads keep jumping in the air, that is supposed to be a much better product.