1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Around The League 2023

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by dig-it, May 24, 2023.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

If Ridder is okay, I see Atlanta being scary. They have cheat code matchup players that few teams in the NFL have.

The defense is meh but that's sort of like Ridder. They just need it to not be terrible.

2. rake

rake Need one of these

Rook DB Stevenson for the bears looks like a solid starting NFL corner. The '23 CB draft class could end up being a great one.

3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Sam Howell being picked two full rounds after Matt Corral and Malik Willis will never make sense. It's the sort of fuckup that makes me doubt the entire NFL scouting process.

PantherPaul and brandonray99 like this.
  4. rake

rake Need one of these

Speaking of NFL scouting . . .. Damn the Chiefs! Their 3rd string, 3rd yr, undrafted, former practice squad QB looks like a starter, and the panthers don't have any currently.
    SHANE BUECHELE might be this years "Purdy" ?? (if Mahomes gets hurt and Gabbert shits the bed). I vaguely remember wondering why he didn't draw more interest from his development at SMU and his highlights.

5. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

WE'RE ALL TRYING TO FIND THE GUY WHO DID THIS
    [​IMG]

6. rake

rake Need one of these

Another good scouting job on a QB. ..
    AIDAN O'CONNELL
    will probably end up the raiders starter with only old man hoyer and fragile jimmy ahead of him. O'Connell looks like a solid decision maker and accurate intermediate passer = Game Manager, and could be a potential "Purdy", if the raiders were going to the playoffs

7. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

In 3-4 years we'll all be saying we saw [player] busting a mile away. Scouting is more art than science likely due to projection you've got evaluate their system/coaching, skills, and physical growth potential with few objective measures and how it fits into the NFL overall and your team specifically (lots of subjective measures here) and even when the scouts kick the report up it's got to be looked at by coaching staffs, GMs, and owners who bring in their own bias and opinions. Also while I talk about how owners are generally a bunch of idiots I think only 10-15% of coaching staffs league wide know how little they actually know and act accordingly the rest range from accidentally competent to violently incompetent (Matt Rhule).

Also minor pet peeve but as the draft has become a big event on the NFL calendar coverage is less willing to call out bad picks the 'experts' talk about positives and the whole thing is a love in for fans of every team. Colts draft richardson and you get 'accuracy issues' not 'if this guy played baseball he probably would've killed a ballboy or two in the minor leagues'

rake likes this.
  8. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

The three worst words I hear from the talking heads on draft day raw, reach, and project.
    The dude could be sitting in the middle of his butchered family still holding the bloody knife and they would ask him about how he felt sliding to the third round.

9. rake

rake Need one of these

LOL

10. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Zach Martin got a new deal. 18 mil/yr for the next 2 years