1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

AROD

Discussion in 'MLB - Baseball Forum' started by Franchise, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Joe Torre is smiling

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

It's cowardly to do it to one guy and not the others.

3. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

i guess you could relate it to ESPN hyping the Yankees/Red Sox....they push what sells. ARod in the headlines will draw immediate attention. Maybe, now that they have spilled the beans on ARod, the rest will eventually start to seep through the cracks. I dont hate the guy, hell, anyybody with any relevance was probably enhancing to some extent.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

No, it's totally different from that. Of course A-Rod's inclusion would get more coverage because it would generate more readership, but Sports Illustrated has refused to reveal any of the other 100+ players on that list of positive tests. That's bullshit cowardice to attack Rodriguez and yet protect all the other players, and I imagine they didn't do it because they're scared that outing those other players will lead to the magazine and website being shunned by baseball players. I guess they figure that since everyone already attacks A-Rod anyway, that they can jump in and leave the other players alone.

5. LRBaseballer

LRBaseballer GO CUBS GO!

lets just label this as the steroid era and get on with it. This shit drives me nuts when people should be excited about pitchers and catchers reporting we hear this stupid crap about 2003. I'm not defending ARod or any other steroid user, I'm simply trying to get back to what matters and thats the game.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Getting the game clean does matter, although I don't appreciate the way SI has handled this situation.

7. LRBaseballer

LRBaseballer GO CUBS GO!

oh I certainly agree that getting the game clean matters, and I think that it is MUCH MUCH cleaner now than it has been. I just wish there were more reports about the game than steroids in 2003.

8. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

For the record when he flunked this test, steroids were not a banned substance.

Fuck it everyone was on it seemingly, it doesn't make it right. He has to come clean and say he was wrong then everyone will forgive. You can't take away records tainted or not because it seems everyone was doing it. Test everyone from here on out a couple times a year during season and make it a year ban on the 1st time and then a lifetime ban after that

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

He can't admit guilt because steroids are illegal. The most he can do is the vague "I made a mistake" bullshit Giambi spouted, and I'm not sure that did him many favors. But for the record, steroids had been banned from baseball since 1991, there just weren't any defined penalties as of 2003.

10. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Who has ever been prosecuted for using steroids in a court of law? Lying to a grand jury yes (Bonds) failing a steroid test? many and none have been gone after by the law. No defined penalties yet banned? Sounds like fucking without coming. Can't have one without the other. He'll come clean but his legacy is shot