1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Are the Panthers gonna win Sunday?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by solarte1969, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I don't think it's a question of motivation, but I do get a little disturbed when we seem to let one thing shift the entire momentum of a game. After Dallas got the long third down conversion, plus roughing the passer, the whole team looked defeated...with a 10-0 lead. I looked down from my seat and saw linemen slouched down on the bench. I saw Mike Trgovac smelling his fingers. John Kasay playing with himself under his overcoat. Henning and McCoy failing to get plays in on time.

Motivation has been fine. We have guys who can get the team fired up for a game. Staying sharpe throughout the game has been suspect, IMO. We have the talent, and I think we have the drive. But I'm starting to think that the entire team has some form of ADD.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  2. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

We are going to win and thanks god Jim mora is not our Coach.If he was our Coach he would say.Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can
    win a game :lalala:

3. GRWatcher

GRWatcher Member

Statesville>>>north of Charlotte, west of Winston-
    :agreed: Why? Because Fox schemes during the playoffs better than during the "marathon" season. No holds barred! He's said this is a playoff game. 2 + 2 = 4!

That's why no one wants to see the Panthers and John Fox in the playoffs. We are a different team. :ylsuper:

4. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

I see an ugly Panther win. even if its not close, ugly

5. duffer

duffer Full Access Member

Don't count on it. I've seen them over and over again just
    go through the motions. They played great against Tampa
    in Tampa. And against Atlanta here. But the last three games
    they looked like a loser's. If they make it to the playoffs they
    will end up either In Seattle or Chicago and will stink up the place.
    I've been a fan since day one, but it gets old watching the same
    hyped up players do nothing.

6. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

maybe

7. cathead

cathead Full Access Member

YES we will win. Bet on it.

I have consulted Mojo, tealeaves and cat guts. There is no doubt the Panthers come to play.

8. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

They're not consistant on what "inconsistent" is:

Panthers coach John Fox, when asked about his team's ups-and-downs over the last month and a half. After a 7-2 start, the Panthers are 3-3 in their last six.

"I wouldn't call a 10-5 football team inconsistent; 8-8 is what I call inconsistent, about half out is good and half out is bad," Fox said with a straight face. "I would like to be 15-0, too, and I think every coach in the league would. The reality is nobody is. I don't think that we've been inconsistent. I think a lot of it is who you're playing."

"I think it's consistency," right guard Tutan Reyes said when asked about the problems since the first Atlanta game. "It's been a lot of up and down. We had a good week against New Orleans too, then not as good against Dallas. You just have to go out there for four quarters and keep doing things right.

But if you're Carolina Panthers running back DeShaun Foster, and you're asked about your teams inconsistency running the ball, what else can you say?

"Just playing tough teams," Foster said with a shrug. "A couple situations we didn't play up to our ability."

http://www.buzzfans.com/sports/football/panthers/story/5431690p-4905710c.html

9. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

I am dog sitting for a breeder and while the pups were out running in the fenced yard, I sat in my car and turned on the radio -Year of the Cat was playing and I'm hoping it's a sign!

10. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

I can't get the 2004 season ender to the Saints out of my head, I see another loss with a playoff spot on the line.