1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

All you "experts" who wanted to start Moore

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Thelt, Oct 14, 2007.

1. y2b

y2b King of QC

that was actually a good no-call on the pass interference to Carter....that ball was uncatchable

to call defensive holding would have been a very petty call

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

The ball hit his left hand, but he couldn't get his right hand on it because Beisel was pulling his waist around. It was beyond obvious.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I've been disappointed with that, but it's still early. I can still be hopeful that the end-year will look better than this, and if not, then we may not have made the right hire.

yep.

4. kornboy16

kornboy16 Full Access Member

Here's how i look @ it, Moore completed a 43 yd. completion on his first pass then managed to throw it right to a Saints defender, but luckily it was dropped. VT completed 20 passes out of 31 and a TD to Steve Smith. Smith cought 10 passes, something Moore and Carr couldnt do combined. VT has more experience and easily understands what he is suppose to. Carr tries to be a hero and Moore has no experience whatsoever. VT will have games like this and bad games too, but if he can be a leader like he was yesterday, Delhomme being out may not be a huge problem. If it fires up Peppers and that defense let VT start. Before this game Peppers never had a sack, but yesterday he blew right by the o-line, pressured the QB, forced 2 fumbles, a fumble recovery and 1.5 sacks. The best this team has looked by far!

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

I don't know how I missed that connection before. Peppers' play is obviously influenced by whether or not Testaverde is starting at quarterback.

:hamer:

6. Piper

Piper phishin member

You are correct in that, for most of the game, we kept it short, easy, and low risk. I was at the game, real close the the field (zona fans make us look hardcore).

But please stop using the NFL.com criteria for determining short or long. Apparently everything under 20 yards is short according to them. There is no intermediate definition.

Their was a 15 yarder with ZERO RAC on a comeback to Carter that was called "short." That ball had some zip on it too.

He had a 15 yard slant to Colbert, there was some RAC on that, but no more than 3-4 yards as he was diving forward.

There were the two deep ones to Smith that were caught, three other deep shots that were incomplete to him, and one to Foster.

It would be better to say that he tried 8 passes of 10 yards or more, and completed half. That's still a lot of dumpoffs, but let's not overstate things.

7. kornboy16

kornboy16 Full Access Member

im just sayin make a comparison, i mean we had allowed only 10 pts. the fewest all season, 3 ints., 2 FF, 2FR, and we actually looked like a team worth something. Its want luck that got us the win this time, like the last 4 wins we got this season

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Piper:
    Almost all of Testaverde's completions went for less than 10 yards, RAC or no RAC. The fact is that we didn't try to stretch Arizona's defense until late in the game when we had to, which I think was fine considering that Testaverde never should have been asked to start anyway.

kornboy16:
    Arizona's regular right tackle was out with an injury, Anquan Boldin missed the game as well, and Tim Rattay was their quarterback for most of the afternoon.

9. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

So, because I haven't posted as much as you Collin, that means I don't have the right to voice my opinion? I stand by my comment. Solarte has actually talked to Fox face to face, yet he doesn't realize that Fox wasn't about to start a rookie QB unless the rookie was the last one standing, or that Vinny was the most qualified man for the job? Honestly, how can anybody cover the Panthers, in particular, and the NFL in general, and not know that? There's more to being a professional, in any field, than just holding the title ...a professional is supposed to do his homework, and should know alot MORE than the average fan.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

No, I mean that you haven't earned the right to be a condescending ass. People grudgingly put up with me because I come with the knowledge and I'm proven correct more often than not. You're being an asshole despite the fact that your recent record of accuracy is pretty pathetic, so how about you back off the weatherman?