1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

All you "experts" who wanted to start Moore

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Thelt, Oct 14, 2007.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    seems a little heavy handed, I guess. Solarte can take care of himself, and I'm sure he doesn't mind being wrong here. The thing is, the chat consensus was Moore. He has the time with the team, he had the big play last week. But I figured it was Vinny, and it could've been either way. Of anything, I wanted Rattay to sign, and he wouldn't have done shit. These things go either way so don't spend too much time patting yourself on the back.

2. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

Monstercat-

You don't know me, so quit making assumptions of what I know or don't know.

I said, ON PAPER, Moore was the better choice in my opinion. I NEVER said that Fox was going with Moore over anyone else.

You better come with something better than that if you are gonna challenge my knowledge on anything.

3. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

no need to apologize for being an asshole--it happens--or for holding me to a higher standard. Again, check back and find where I said that Fox WOULD NOT start VT. Never said it. Offered my thought that Moore was the better option, based on having a bit more mobility, and that VT would be a viable stopgap if need be (of course this all the while assuming Carr wouldn't go after missing Weds, Thurs practices).

By the by--it's useless fodder now--VT had a better than average game (based on his prep time), and Carolina won. In a previous post, 4-2 heading to the bye is fine by me.

Sorry my OPINION made you think I was being an idiot.

Mags--preesh the backup.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yes, you were, but then you made an ass out of yourself by pretending that it was obvious and something anyone should have known, when it was anything but. And I insult you because your idiocy irritates me. If it causes you to be less idiotic, that's awesome, but it's mostly just a reflex.

5. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

Well, it was obvious to me because I've paid attention to how John Fox coaches, and quite frankly, most other NFL HC's would have made the same decision. Playing QB in the NFL is the hardest job in professional sports... it's simply not wise to go with the inexperienced guy when you have a 20yr vet on the roster who has played in this offense before. BTW, those are Vinny's own words, not mine, so take that issue up with him if you don't agree. Anyway, it's not my fault that you or the experts at ESPN didn't see it, and I really couldn't care less if you're irritated or not.

6. monstercat

Fair enough, but wasn't the question...who will Fox start?

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

It's also "obvious" to John P. Dingleberry that aliens are real and abduct mentally challenged farmers with bad teeth. You believed something and you ended up being correct. Hurray, let's throw a party. But that doesn't mean that it was in any way foolish to think that they would choose to go with Moore over a guy who had only been in town a couple of days.
    Wrong. Quite a few rookie QBs have been pressed into action by injuries during a season, for instance Bruce Gradkowski in Tampa Bay. Meanwhile I can't recall any QB starting for a team only a couple of days after he signs, no matter how much experience he had in previous seasons.
    You keep saying that and you keep being wrong. Much of the terminology and playbook is similar, hence Fox saying that Vinny knew probably 60% of what we run, but 60% is obviously not 100%.
    You're wasting everyone's time in pretending that you don't care when I or someone else shows how stupid you are. It clearly gets under your skin based on the fact that it has caused you to post far more frequently on this subject than you have any other. Unfortunately for you, being pissed at me doesn't change the fact that you're making stupid comments. Not making stupid comments is the only cure for that.

8. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

Testy just said in an interview that Carr was still set to start until Saturday at dinner, when the coaches walked up to him and said he would get the start.

Apparently Moore was never even considered as the starter even though he shared reps with Vinnie. Vinnie called Moore a young kid.....sounded kinda funny.

9. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

Oh come on, you can't stop telling everybody about how you predicted AD was going to be great in your fantasy mag. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

10. monstercat

ROTFLMAO...that's some funny shit right there!

I'm still right though.:4:

BTW, if we were talking about any other FA QB besides Testaverde, or a rookie QB who had been drafted and had actually been here for TC, I wouldn't argue this so passionately. You have to look at this specific set of circumstances.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007