1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

All you "experts" who wanted to start Moore

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Thelt, Oct 14, 2007.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    yes. A chance, certainly. It wasn't guaranteed, but I liked it.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Not unless I'm forgetting one. The swing pass on 3rd and 1 to Foster certainly would have been a first down and thus may have led to a touchdown since we were already at the 15, but defenders were closing on DeShaun and would have face raped him.

3. Fred Smoot's Father

Fred Smoot's Father the future is bright

I don't give a shit how many of VT's attempts were dump-offs. He managed the game well, w/o the protection of a steady rushing game. It wasn't fucking glorious, but it didn't have to be. It was what we asked him to do, and he did it well.

On the road, I'll fucking take it. B/c, let's face it folks, this is going to be a duct-tape kind of year. Get used to it.

4. SemperFi

SemperFi Full Access Member

I just watched the play again, it's at 3:55 left in the 1st qtr, had Foster caught that ball he only had to beat the guy chasing him, there were no defenders closing on him. It would have most likely been a TD.

5. kornboy16

kornboy16 Full Access Member

Give VT credit. He done what he was supposed to do. He got the ball to Steve Smith, completed a majority of the passes, which was another problem, and managed to make plays when it was most important. He started, Moore didnt, and we won the game. Thats all that matters

6. Piper

Piper phishin member

Different play I think, same series. Foster ran a wheel route. It was on the other side of the end zone where I was. Had a chance, but a tough one.

The swing route would have netted a first down, but there was an immediate defender to tackle him and pursuit coming.

7. Laceration

Laceration Full Access Member

Personally I thought it was likely that Carr would start, and I think he or Moore would have been OK. But I also think we would have lost the game.

Testaverde surprised me by not only being in such good physical condition, but he also proved that you don't have to be superman to be a winning QB in the NFL. Experience, poise, and knowing the game plan is far more important.

Look at Vick -- insane physical gifts, but not much of a study of the game. He set some records, but was beatable more often than not.

I admit, if someone would have bet me that Fox would start Vinny -- at 43, and we would win, I would have bet the other way.

8. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

Yet, the results are in and I was right...that is a fact that your petty little rants can't change. I apologize to Solarte, but I do believe he's a grown man who doesn't need you to take up for him.

Honestly dude, I don't know why you even bother to keep throwing insults at me...they have no affect other than to make me chuckle.

9. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Yes, I rewatched the 1st quarter a little while ago. It was around the 10 yl and the path to the goal was clear.

10. SemperFi

SemperFi Full Access Member

Yeah I agree, so VT should have had 3 TD passes without the drop and the PI on Carter.