1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

All you "experts" who wanted to start Moore

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Thelt, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Piper

Piper phishin member

I am not in disagreement with you overall in that we ran almost exclusively short passes early and for much of the game. I'm just saying that we tried more than 4 and completed more than 1, more than 10 yards.

And that NFL.com is a poor resource for determining that.

2. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

I think you can do better than attack someone's ability to do their job or attack thier profession because he disagrees with you about VT and MM.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    fair enough there, they are pretty liberal with what they call short. Not the first time I've seen that argument put forth, and it's pretty well true. Short of getting into what constitutes short or long, that is, but 15 isn't short.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    to me, you have the right to that opinion. And Solarte's own opinion of what Fox would do isn't any more impacted by his thoughts, or chance, than knowing John Fox. He has the right to his opinion too. The thing is, I figured Testaverde would start, but I don't believe it makes a damn.

5. monstercat

monstercat Full Access Member

Well, if I'm being too much of an asshole, I apologize...I shouldn't have insulted the man. I just think we should hold professionals to a higher standard. By definition, a professional sportscaster is supposed to know alot more about the sports and teams they cover than the average fan. To me, that's not unreasonable at all. To me, it was patently obvious that Vinny would start if Carr couldn't go. You don't start an undrafted rookie unless you have no other choice...I don't think too many professional football coaches would disagree with me.

6. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

He ain't coming in as a pro here, just one of the guys.

7. SemperFi

SemperFi Full Access Member

Foster had a good chance at a TD on the pass he dropped as well didn't he, it was pretty open down the sideline?

8. chipshotx

chipshotx Full Access Member

I think Vinny looked better than Carr. He looked more poised, more confident and was efficient. He did exactly what was expected of him and more. I don't say that to challenge somebody elses opinon. I say it because I believe it.

He didnt do anything spectacular, he just managed the game. I don't see how Moore could have done that. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine it.

9. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

I agree, and I've been defending Carr from the people that said Moore should start instead of him (assuming Carr was healthy).

Vinny just looked confident, and I was pleasantly surprised. I totally expected us to blow a close game somehow. I wasn't counting on Warner getting hurt either, but I'm glad we got Vinny instead of Rattay.

I'm seriously doubting we can beat the Colts with Carr or Vinny, but I think Fox will start Vinny and if he looks terrible, put Carr in - again assuming Carr is even healthy enough to start.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

It was "obvious" to you because you're a retard with way too much faith in your own assessments. Testaverde had two days with the team, and I can't think of anyone ever starting a game with such little prep time. Heck, even the guys who do this for a living at ESPN and Fox didn't express any certainty, so for you to pretend that it was obvious and insult solarte for that is really being a dumbshit of the first order.