1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

"Addition by subtraction"

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Feb 29, 2008.

1. DABLK1590

DABLK1590 Banned From TBR

O.k but how that make us better? besides foster. we could have restructured Morgan deal with incentives and moved him to WLB. Whale maybe because his contract but who's gonna replace him a rookie? if it pans out. and WR yeah we brought back moose which is cool but we need another WR. like johnson or henderson. we could have kepted Carter for a decent price. because nobody know about robinson or jarrett.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    cutting foster doesn't make us better.

"addition by subtraction" isn't a complete picture. I don't know what that picture is, but this isn't the team we'll be taking into the draft, or into the opening day.

to edit - I do think we're already better at WR. I think we have the potential to make some real change along the OL and DL, and some of the signs point negatively, some positively. We really need to make ourselves legitimately better there.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  3. blackcatfan

blackcatfan Full Access Member

Less than the total guaranteed amount but his cap hit will be way on up there. The average of the top 5 DE salaries might be less than Freeney money but the 120% of his prior year salary is killer. The CBA reads like that amounts to 120 % of the prior year cap hit.

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Morgan needed to go. He is done he just wont admit it. Foster was not worth much any more either. Look at the deal he signed to back up Gore if you doubt it. Wahle was the only guy I might have kept but he was overpaid.

Here is what I see so far:

LT: stays the same unless we upgrade on Wharton and move him to guard.
    LG: either Wharton or a draft pick/free agent. Still very much in doubt whether we will be better here.
    C: Kalil or Hartwig one, should be about the same as it has been
    RG: Lots of potential to upgrade here. I would hope a draft pick can be had.
    Rt: same stuff different day.

Our best chance for an upgrade is at guard IMHO. We have improved already at WR and QB (knowing Moore can play if needed).

5. DABLK1590

We don't know if Our WR are better who's to say if Moore had started sooner that Carter wouldn't have had a better season? when jake was around carter was stepping up. All im saying is we need a Byrant Johnson or henderson, or j. walker (if healthy) because if jarrett doesn't work were screwed, moose is old and robinson is a big ? because he sucked as a KR. looked ok as a WR but who knows? and i never said cutting foster was a bad idea. but morgan should have stayed as a insurence poilcy with a restructured more cap friendly contract. we need line help now i don't think a rookie can help right now we should jump on Olivia and put him @ LT but the team is interviewing supar talent, like brayton, colemans good but old. what about next year? is he still going to play @ 36. we should have traded for vilma, or the jets jenkins for Dewayne Robertson straight upt he's only 26 and pretty good. I wonder since Oaklands Got Wilson if we could get HUFF cheap and move to FS. Smith isn't getting any younger and we need to win now.

6. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

Round 1: DE
    Round 2: Guard
    Round 3a: RB
    Round 3b: FS

*edit*
    If we would have kept Carr in the last few games, we would have lost and then been able to draft Gholston.

7. DABLK1590

Maybe we can trade for sheldon Brown and move him to saftey the eagles are looking to shop him since Sam got there.

[​IMG]

8. Piper

Piper phishin member

We really need you to post that picture in every thread. Really. I'm sure you can find a parrellel.

Add if you think Morgan is good insurance, I've got some excelent term life insurance for you.

9. DABLK1590

i like that pic.i can't find the one with him crawling on the ground after. and d morgan is better than T. milton, diggs, shaw, anderson, seward,or curry. for a reduced contract yeah id say he's worth it. thats why i see panther fans in here worried about him going to the saints because if he's healthy he is pretty good.

10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

That "if" borders on fantasy.