1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Adam Schefter on Gabbert bandwagon

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Dbag21, Mar 16, 2011.

1. batgrafix

batgrafix hannle yo biddness

From the limited footwork I saw today, he clearly looks ahead of Newton in that department.

Gabbert scored a 42 on the Wonderlic, compared to Newton's 21. Gabbert also was a 1st-Team Academic All-Big 12 (at least in 2009) and has a clean history, unlike Newton.

He didn't put up big numbers at Missou, though. That's the only thing. I think Newton has more potential, but I think Gabbert has less potential to bust -- either on the field or off the field.

2. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

I'm starting to come around on "Guy from the network that Frank Cross hates in Scrooged."

3. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Watch his tape. He's a chickenshit in the pocket. We already have that in Claussen. He gets scared and makes bad passes when pressured.

4. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

Gabbert impressed people at his Pro Day but then he was following a scripted routine and wasn't facing a pass rush. I still think Dareus is the right move at 1 unless we can trade down but if they took Gabbert I might not be too unhappy. If they took Newton tho I'd be pissed. He's a problem waiting to happen off the field. No CBA makes this draft bad in that we can't deal for or sign a vet QB before the draft so we're stuck with a choice of a DL or another rookie QB.

5. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

True. However, the ONLY reason we should draft a QB is if we feel he has potential to be a franchise QB. If we only want a "safe" qb, go get Orton or someone like that. There's no reason to waste a # 1 pick on a "safe" QB. For me, it's rolling the dice on Newton, or adding a Defensive piece .

6. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

7. Skidmark

Skidmark Full Access Member

In the top half of the draft (16 teams) 10 of the teams would like a franchise QB. They are:
    Carolina
    Buffalo
    Cincinnati
    Arizona
    San Francisco
    Tennessee
    Washington
    Minnesota
    Miami
    Jacksonville

Personally, I would add Denver, Dallas, and Cleveland if they saw a clear upgrade.

The rookie cap will be in place when the CBA is done.

We should be able to trade the pick, move down, add a pick or two, and still get a quality player.

8. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

We need a good quarterback, but not because of the ones in our division. We need a good quarterback because we don't have any.

9. Dbag21

Dbag21 Full Access Member

one could certainly make that argument, though at some point you have to score yourself. Our defense played well enough to win some games last year but were simply on the field too much.

10. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

DT was not the reason we went 1-15.

This team lacks a leader on the offensive side of the ball.

I do believe Cam can be that guy. But he's not the only solution. With FA a mess were not likely to find one going that route. Is Palmer past it, is Volek? We dont have our #33 either to address the position early round 2.

If the rookie cap is in place i wouldnt feel so bad taking the proverbial chance on Cam.

I do expect Rivera to make an impact next year. So i dont think drafting the DT and expecting Luck next year is an option. I expect more wins even if Jimmy is the guy again.