1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ACC scared to play Niners???

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by VA49er, Nov 18, 2004.

1. panthersgo

panthersgo Full Access Member

yea he said duke unc and maryland, but he called out the rest saying they haven't done much execept for wake, we know State is scared to play after we destroyed them at the rbc. Carolina won't even take a 2 for 1. Were going to have to beat one of these teams in the ncaa this year.

2. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

When was the last time UNC, Duke or Maryland played UNCC? NCSU played and lost, but as far as I know they are the last to have played them. I think you need to rethink your logic on who is scared to play who.

3. panthersgo

we played unc in 98 in the ncaa's it was a great game where they beat us in OT they were the #1 seed.

4. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

And we beat you the next year during the regular season too.

5. panthersgo

which was also a very close game maybe ot im not sure see if you can find the score, why would't unc play the 49ers 2 for 1 now with unc's conference schedule weaken by expanision they need to play some better ooc teams.

6. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Yes you did, again in overtime after our guy missed two free throws to win it and Haywood hit that last second bucket. The last two games between UNC and Charlotte have been great games, no matter who won. Wish we could see some more. I've talked to Tar Heel fans that pulled off the interstate to hear the end of that game. I know there would be interest.

7. panthersgo

how about a single game at the new arena? I mean come on for basketball who would be a better addition to that conference miami, vt, bc ,or charlotte, thats a no brainer.

8. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

I wish that they would play, but as I have pretty exausitively detailed here, I understand why they do not. The 2 biggies are:

Every school in the NC system wants to play UNC, why should UNCC get special treatment? I understand that there is a case to be made for it, but there are a lot of points in the against column too

UNC does not need to add UNCC to its OOC schedule. If (and that is a big if) UNC felt the need to beef up their schedule, then they could go after much bigger fish than UNCC.

9. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Well you didn't really expect him to say "Hell yes those fuctards are scared to play us!" did you?

He chose his words carefully and paid respect where it was due.

10. panthersgo

Why should we get special treatment?

name me another nonacc team in nc that has had success like we have 6 ncaa's in 8 years, davidson is respectable(sometimes) , the rest are complete trash mid and low majors. They have no shot in hell of getting an at large bid and must win their conference to get a bid.