1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ACC Regular Season or Tournament Title?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Homer3, Mar 14, 2005.

1. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

I never said that UNC was better than Ilinois so that doesn't mean a thing.

You say that it doesn't mean a thing since each team doesn't play each team at their home court. Well if that were the case, hell let's just cancel the entire season and instead of having 65 teams in the NCAA tourney we can just let all the teams in there and have one season long NCAA tourney.

I guess all these seedings mean nothing, according to your logic, dook may not really deserve a #1 seed. We could just put all the teams in a hat and draw for seedings instead of looking at all 25+ games that teams have played during the season and conference tourney.

2. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

The argument was which means more and is more difficult to achieve. Well, does a championship or seeding mean more to you?

3. NOGA87

NOGA87 Full Access Member

I agree with ya Sly, so, so much for that Dockery argument then, right? :agreed:

4. UNCfever

You may not get the championship without the seeding. Like I said they all are important. I think I already answered which I would prefer in an earlier post, but I am not going to discredit one because all of a sudden we don't play home and home games. That in itself is part of the game just like injuries and suspensions, whether we like it or not.

5. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

Quick, who was the AP #1 before the NCAA tournament in 1995?

6. UNCfever

Quick, let's forget the season and draw names for the ACC tourney, oh shit - dook just picked a play in game.

7. sballfan

sballfan Junior Member

:trophy:

8. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

my spelling is impecable :twocents:

9. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

I think the season is harder. If you were the #1 or #2 seeds you don't have to play that hard of a 1st round game, but it is going to be awful having to watch those first round games like Miami vs. Wake Forest and Virginia vs. Virginia Tech. It was definitely harder to win the title back in the day when you had to play everyone on the road. This year's tournament will still be great but there were year's back in the 90's where 8 of the 9 teams were either in the tournament or on the bubble. I guess it varies from year to year, but winning either one is hard to do.