1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ACC pre-season picks

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by mathmajors, Oct 31, 2004.

1. HardHarry

HardHarry Rebel with a 401(k)

March 2005 - Suddenly the grim reality of drudge teams bringing down your whole conference will occur to ACC fans.

Those extra teams arent gonna get more of your teams in, they're more likely gonna keep them out. If they get drilled in the non conference, your whole league suffers.

2. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

You and me both. I'm just shocked that we get no love. :(

3. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Williams couldn't carry the team last year. It took a freshman to do that. Reddick is too one dimensional. True he'll win Dook some games, but when he's off he'll lose them some too.

Admittedly I think Nelson will be a college stud, but I don't think it will be this year. Without injury? then yes, but I think he's starting from behind and that hurts. Next year he's a legit threat though.

I'm not impressed.

:rolleyes: You're kidding right? Seems he has too much trouble with getting hit in the face with balls.

that's not really an aswer.

If 'ifs' and 'buts' were Candy and Nuts every day would be Christmas. Dockery will be eaten alive by players like Felton, Paul, and Jack.

Whether ya like it or not Dook is in line for a bad down year. While I do agree Williams is a talented big man IMO he's the ONLY big man Dook has. He won't be able to go the season without wearing down. (See UNC last 2 years). Dockery doesn't impress me at point, Ewing is talented and I think will be the team's leader, Reddick is too streaky, and there's no bench depth beyond Nelson. I hate it, but Dook on paper looks to be a 4th place team at best.

4. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Not much confidence? I am sure Brain would work something else out for you to do.

5. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

Duke having a down year is every other program having an up year. when they went 26-7 everyone thought they had a down year. As long as Coach K is the head of the b-ball program, Duke should be the team to get through to win the conference championship. Maryland should be real scary and should sneak up on people with a sophomore and Junior lineup featuring Gilchrist at the point. Duke definitely has enough talent to win the conference. Williams is the best center in the league and people forgetting about Daniel Ewing. Very quiet, but very deadly from the perimeter. If Shav improves like he did at the end of the year, he should be a nice partner for Williams, and if I'm not mistaken, Love played a very key role off the bench when Boozer went down in their national championship drive.

6. KrisJenkins77

KrisJenkins77 Yes. Yes I was driving.

No one player carried Duke last year, everyone had big games that won games for us. Duhon, Redick, Deng, and Williams all helped carry the team.

I don't think it will be this year either, considering he will be a bench player, but let's wait and see how he plays when he comes back from the injury before we assume that he plays as bad as Noel did.

I'm not either, that's why he's a bench player.

I forgot what the question was, but I think it was where is the talent to compete with top teams in th NCAA, the truth is, our starting 5, and Nelson, can be as good as any team in the NCAA.

All I can say is, we'll see. If ya wanna talk about if's and buts...
    Sean May could be the top big man in the NCAA IF he doesn't miss so many layups. McCants could be the #1 scorer in the NCAA IF he can stay consistant. blah blah blah

7. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Deng REALLY carried Dook a few times last year. Without Deng there's at least 1 game I know of that they'd have lost to UNC. And Duhon won Dook the OTHER game against UNC. Take both of those away there's no legit leader. Ewing HAS to step up for Dook to consider being near the top of the ACC. Williams is solid, but won't dominate and any foul trouble leaves Dook to the mercy of any team with an inside threat.

As far as May goes... no way he'd be the top big man in the NCAA if he'd hit all his layups... hell that's take away half his damned Offensive rebounds. Yes I'm badmouthing May, and as far as McCants goes he WAS one of the top scorers in all of the NCAA and barring injury will be again this year. So I don't exactly understand that argument.

8. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

Who is the legit leader for UNC again? Maybe you can tell me when they quit arguing about it amongst themselves.

9. KrisJenkins77

KrisJenkins77 Yes. Yes I was driving.

Yes, Deng did carry a few, Reddick carried some, Duhon, Williams, etc. You really should watch more than just the UNC-Duke games. Duke players aren't selfish like UNC players are, and everyone on the starting lineup deserves equal credit for Duke's success. McCants seems to think he is the only player on the team. But hey, he thought UNC was the top team in the country after a blow-out loss to Maryland, he probably meant to say he was the best player in the nation.... As far as his scoring, while he may be one of the top scores in the league, he also seems inconsistant with his shooting ability, to me at least.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  10. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

that was Jawad