1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

A10 not a done deal

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Oct 21, 2003.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

So why didn't the Big East go after Charlotte after the ACC skimmed off the cream from the Big East? You have to have strong programs in ALL of the major sports. The Heels have been down in B-Ball the past 2 years but other than that blip the Heels are always strong. Outside basketball in a limited basis Charlotte is little more than a Division 1A school in sports

2. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

hello???? the Big East is inviting Depaul and Marquette...... non football schools.

3. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

With a lot better basketball history than U of Cornbread

4. metro

what about U of "5 of the last 7 years."

I won't argue Marquette's history, but Depaul doesn't have better history. The link is Catholicism/Jesuit.

Don't forget what your original argument was, "Until you guys get a football program how can you compare your sports department with most D1 schools?" and "So why didn't the Big East go after Charlotte after the ACC skimmed off the cream from the Big East? You have to have strong programs in ALL of the major sports." You kind of painted yourself into a corner with that last quote. You inferred the Big East shunned Charlotte because of no football when they are inviting two Jesuit hoop schools. Keep trying.

5. NovaNiner

NovaNiner Full Access Member

Metro, I never claimed to be anti-Judy. I don’t know enough about the inner workings of our athletic department to make an educated stance one way or another.

I am disappointed we didn’t start a football program when we had the chance in CUSA. It would have been risky, but it can be done as shown by USF. Now we don’t even have the opportunity to play 1A football if we end up in the A10 or some lesser conference.

6. metro

this statement is what I was referring too. All I did was clap my hands to your statement, and the next thing you know, Lefty is saying I want us to fail. :rolleyes:

7. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Because Norte Dame was driving that bus. ND wanted Marquette because the are a catholic school and Depaul is also a mid westenr school with a big tv market.

8. BJUnklFkr

BJUnklFkr Full Access Member

Hey Metro, this is about the point at which all the arguing started, but what is this other conference possibility? Or, are you counting C-USA as that other possibility?

If you already answered that, I apologize. I just was in no mood to sift through about 30 messages :cool:

9. metro

I am not at liberty to say what other conference I was referring to. That person asked me not to mention it by name and I won't. Hopefully the A10 deal pans out. I wasn't referring to CUSA, although I guess staying there is also an option. Like I said, if I had to bet the farm, I would bet on the A10, but there still are some hurdles, and as of the beginning of this week, they weren't cleared.

10. metro