1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

A10 not a done deal

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by metro, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Lefty9er

Lefty9er Full Access Member

Decourcey disagrees with Metro's assessment over at Ninerreport.com.

http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=228527

“I mean what is Judy supposed to do, throw her body in front of the train?” he asked. “Judy hasn’t hurt Charlotte at all. It’s ridiculous, there’s nothing to do. You are what you are. You have a lot to be proud of, but you can’t manufacture reality. You are a basketball first athletic department and as long as that’s the case you have to get yourself in the best basketball first conference out there, and right now that’s the A-10. Until the Big East splinters, and it will happen, you will be in the best basketball first league there is.”

2. YINZER

YINZER Snooper Bowl

3. 49erpi

49erpi Full Access Member

Not to worry Metro, just as he did with Vincent Grier, Lefty will rip Judy when she is no longer with the program. Until that day it will be green tinted bifocals for him.
    You've got to give Lefty credit, atleast he's consistant.

4. metro

metro Charlotte49erfootballfan

Lefty you have taken this thread off topic. You are making an argument that doesn't exist. All I said was the conference scenario is still dangling. That is all. Somehow you became a dick and said I hope the A10 fails in order for leadership change. Now you are quoting Decourcy. She is doing everything she can "as of late" to get in the A10 because there is alot on the line, and the lynch mob will be out if it doesn't push thru, but our mistakes were made 10 years ago. In another thread I voiced my anger about USF being looked at favorably over us, and there is one reason for that.....they started football 7 years ago! You cant argue the USF scenario. We have been identical institutions for 25 years since the Sun Belt, but they chose the proper way when they came to the fork in the road, and we did not. We gave up on it, and can't change it now. Who gives a shit what Mike DeCourcy says anyway? he knows as less about our program than you and I. He's just a casual observer. Why don't you jump down Nova's throat too since he is saying the same damn thing in that other thread. You can't win this one.

5. metro

exactly, let us not forget Lefty had a big picture of Vincent for his signature the day before he left, and the next day he was throwing him under the bus. :rolleyes:

6. Savio

Savio Freelance Pimp

Sweet!

I'm in there

:apopcorn:

7. metro

:D :D

8. metro

btw, Decourcy is talking about now, real time. He is absolutely right in his assessment. She is doing everything humanly possible to get the A10 deal, NOW.

My original statement........
    ...........had nothing to do with the current efforts, but was aimed at the failed efforts of the last decade.

current efforts aren't what I criticized, so this Decourcy quote is irrelevant. Ask Decourcy if he thinks it was a mistake to not start football like USF 7-8 years ago.

The whole point of my other thread is that our staff is upset USF is getting the nod in the B.E., yet the reasons are so obvious why we don't deserve what they are now getting. they took a risk and are now being rewarded. Why should we be rewarded when we didn't risk squat????

Last edited: Oct 22, 2003
  9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I think Metro is about ready to come out of the closet. :D If Charlotte doesn't go A10 then you guys had better go Colonial, Southern or some other insignificant conference. Until you guys get a football program how can you compare your sports department with most D1 schools?

10. metro

we can compare everything but football. football doesn't give you better anything, except a conference. Marquette doesn't have football, and they went further than your Tarheels last year. Wichita is in the World Series every year with Cal St. Ful.