1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

9, 40, 104,137,168, 201

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Thelt, Mar 6, 2012.

1. PaulPaladin

PaulPaladin Full Access Member

I play him at RT initially, but longer term a replacement for Gross at LT. If Otah comes back heathy I put him (Otah) at G and let Wharton go.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Use the CBS rankings Thelt linked in the OP. GBN's seem really screwy.

3. PaulPaladin

PaulPaladin Full Access Member

9. Melvin Ingram DE So Car- call me crazy but a versatile, powerful and athletic DE that can line up standing up or with his hand in the dirt and pressure QBs while also able to hold his own vs the run seems like a good add. I really can't get excited about anyone else here, and he's a solid football player.

40. Lavonte David OLB Nebraska - athletic, fast weak side OLB can cover and tackle

104. Chris Rainey RB Fla - speedy versatile athlete can be 3rd down back, WR and returner

137. Ryan Steed CB Furman - homer pick for me. Ryan is very athletic, and strong for his size. While he was never a burner he ran a godawful 4.68 40 at the combine and needs to show he can at least keep up with NFL receivers at the pro day in Greenville today

168. Josh Chapman DT Alabama - recovering from torn ACL but a very stout run stuffer in the middle.

201. Asa Jackson CB Cal Poly - another FCS corner, he was very highly rated at that level all year, and has decent PR skills too

4. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

How are we looking at punt returner and kick returner? Do we need to use a late round pick for a guy who can do one or both of those duties?

5. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

So Kiper is the only other guy I hear who agrees with me that Floyd would be a good pick at 9 for us...

Since so many here are willing to pick up Blackmon and an offensive guard at 9, does anyone else think Floyd is a good fit here?

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

No.

7. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Just a G, huh?

Hm. Ok. Fair enough. Is it something with Floyd, or just the WR position.

8. rake

rake Need one of these

Going by the new list I would still take many of the same guys. Given that our defense sucks so badly and we will have no money to bring in upgrades why not go ALL D? Screw the offense . .. we have Super Cam!

9 – as much as I love Ingram as a player corner is a bigger need. CB Kirkpatrick or why not gamble on the more gifted Jenkins (Smitty can kick his ass and straighten him out)

40 – DT Thompson or LB Spence (looks like we will be needing a couple of LBs)

104 – Go corner all the way here. CB Boykin or Hayward (with runs on corners both may be gone though) Keep confusing Boykin and Bolden (really like Bolden if his knee is OK)

137 – they want instinctive LBs who can cover a TE LB Cole or Lewis (either would help ST play too)

168 – DT Chapman or LB Galippo or Franklin (depending on what position was addressed at 40)

201 – homer pick DE Paige-Moss or if CB Jackson or Brooks do fall this far we might have our top 3 CBs for several years from one draft

go ahead and thank me now for jinxing the panthers out of getting any of the above. )

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  9. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Doesn't Floyd have some off the field issues?

10. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I believe Rivera stated his desire for a scatback type, back in January. I don't recall him specifically linking that to returns, but maybe so.

Yes he does. Alcohol stuff I think.